114CE review by Taylor

Taylor: 114CE

This guitar suits almost any type of playing. I have let many other players try it out and they have all been impressed by it's deep rich sound it gives off. I use an Acoustic amp (the brand name seems to be acoustic) and it sounds amazing, although the low e seems to give some noise. It has a very bright sound. So far, it is one of the best sounding guitars for the price, and even some guitars in the 1000-1500 range.

I play alot of blues and oldies on this guitar and it has always sounded great, even on other genres. I feel like this guitar could match any type of music you want to play out of it. I have been playing this guitar for almost a year, and playing Acoustic for a total of 5 now and it is definitely one of the better choices. The only improvements I see could add to this great instrument would be a tuner, a mid-range control, and a solid back. I would buy this instrument again if it were stolen or lost, because of its ease of playing and rich bright sound. It played much better than any Martins I tried, and had better action in my opinion than the breedloves.

I have played this guitar in many places, indoors and out, and there hasn't been any issues at all. I have been able to keep it in almost perfect condition easily. I have used this at gigs without a backup many times. The finish looks the same as it did the day I bought it.

The action on this guitar is incredible. It was very easy to pick up and play in the store, and after having it almost a year it has always allowed me to be able to perform better, and with more technicality playing than many other guitars I have tried. There hasn't been any problems with this guitar at all.

Made in 2009, it was assembled in Mexico but all of the parts came from the U.S.A. It is only 20 frets, which for me is fine, but others may prefer more. It has a solid top, but laminated sides and unfortunately a laminated back. It comes with a satin finish and a cutaway Grand auditorium style.It has a very simple electronic system, A Volume, treble, and bass control. It does not include a tuner, unfortunately. It came with a Taylor gig bag, which is actually reinforced and protects the guitar incredibly well for it not being a hard case. I've had it dropped a couple times while in the bag and no damage was inflicted.

unclebuck5
    Just picked one up a few weeks ago. The set-up from the factory sucked. I lowered the bridge to bring the action down to a reasonable height and put Martin coated stings on it. Sounds and plays great now! Can't figure out why they couldn't adjust it properly at the factory. Taylor would sell more of these if they were "ready to play".
    Robdukes23
    Got mine today..best sounding and playing guitar in the price range at Guitar Center. I spent about 4 or 5 hours playing them all in the 500-1200 dollar range and this one couldn't be equaled. The closest was a Martin DRS1 but just not close enough. The factory setup is perfect and so far I couldn't be happier with the purchase.
    znieberlein
    I just bought a Taylor 114 ce in a pawn shop for 400$ not one scratch or knick on it all i had to do is put a 9V battery in it I'm pumped i think i got a stellar deal on this one also came with a taylor gig bag. Do you think i did okay on this deal?
    billyboy3rd
    Bought my Taylor 114ce L at Guitar Center just a week ago. I cannot believe the difference between it and the other guitars I tried. Right off the wall it sounded better than any acoustic I hace ever played. If you're a lefty, you know how hard it is to find anything, let alone something good. well, search no further. This guitar has been called the best acoustic under $1000.00 for good reason. It is. Buy it you won't be disappointed. I know I'm not.