214CE review by Taylor

Taylor: 214CE

Price paid: C$ 1025

Purchased from: Tom Lee

Honestly I play a bit of everything but for when I play acoustic I play more open chord stuff. From Mraz to Mayer to worship songs and even good old classic rock. This thing is simple and sounds great. The pickup system is very easy to use even put some fuzz and it takes it well very full sounding great for church, jamming and songwriting. I've even used this thing on stage for a semi acoustic gig and I loved the sound! Taylors generally have that bright magical sparkle beautiful highs and rich lows this ones definitely a keeper! I compared it to a $900 Takamine I saw which looked stunning but sounded so dull compared to this beauty. I don't know what else to say you gotta try a Taylor to understand what I'm talking about!

I'm kind of a perfectionist and I'd spend the money on something more expensive if I know I'm getting my moneys worth. I feared this Taylor wouldn't be as good seeing as its one of taylors entry level acoustic electrics part of the 100/200 series but honestly this guitar fantastic. I am definitely a huge Taylor guitar fan they make great acoustics. Way better than any Martin under $3000 that I've tried. Honestly this things sounds just as great as any of taylors 300 or 400 series and tons better than any of the other 100 or 200 series. I'd buy another one of these in a heartbeat. I'm planning to get another Taylor acoustic in the future they're just so damn expensive but hey its worth it they're beautiful guitars I love my 214CE it sounds as stunning as my Gibson Les Paul Traditional does. The only other acoustic I'd want on my wishlist is an 814CE but who has $5000 to spend? Taylor acoustics are the best acoustics out there bar none!

I've only had the pleasure of playing this thing twice on stage but very often in church. I've had no problems with it all. The tuners are great. The guitar very rarely gets off tune not like my strat. This gutar is extremely dependable and I love everything about it. I've played the hell out of it even until the strings coating begins to peel and yet it still sounds great. I've had it for awhile now restrung it a handful of times and every time I restring it she sounds as beautiful as she did when I first picked her up! Great sounding acoustic!

As I previously mentioned this thing was built to perfection. I honestly couldnt find a thing I was upset with about this guitar. The strings after a playing everyday for about 2 months needed a change but that was about it. I strung the guitar with martins and it sounded great for about a week. Elixers are really the way to go worth every penny! This was my first really expensive guitar and the people at tom lee even gave me instructions on how to take care of your acoustic and keep it from getting water damaged by humidity. Thankfully my guitar even after 6 months still sounds and looks great. I'm not gonna like I've dropped it once or twice and often bang it on the side of a table or the grand piano but it doesnt't bruise easily she still looks and sounds stunning and I'm not lying or being biased at all!

I believe this particular guitar was made in 2009. It was made in mexico but don't let that take your interest away. It has 20 frets the frets are as smooth as can be and perfectly made 25 1/2 inch scale length. Indian rosewood laminate back and sides and a sitka spruce top. The back sides and neck are satin finish which I personally prefer on my guitars. It a grand auditorium style body which is perfect and feels amazing. The pick-up systems the Taylor es-t expression system and it sounds beautiful. It comes stringed with elixer light gauge nanowebs and also comes with a Taylor gigbag which is just as durable as the hardshells yet much lighter and easier to carry around! Its simple without too many expensive aesthetic features but the sound is something else. Taylor acoustic are just soo beautiful but I'll talk about that in the next section. All the features the guitar comes with is the most basic Taylor has to offer that's why I've given it a 9 but they're made to perfection perfect intonation, action is amazing it feels great looks great and plays beautifully nothing I could complain about except for the fact that its made in Mexico and cost over $1000 but hey its well worth it!

Twinkiebar
    This guitar is indeed a beauty. I've had mine for around 2 years and I've been using it while I was in the studio for my old band. It has great clarity while playing in open tuning, I recommend everyone who's going to buy a 214ce to atleast play in open tuning once.