815CE review by Taylor

Taylor: 815CE

Price paid: $ 1950

I love progressive heavy strumming and some finger picking (might want to change from medium to light strings if you really wanna pick, I personally found it little bit harder to pick with those medium gauges cause I don't got very strong or big hands), which is what I need mostly for acoustic rock music and some variations of alternative music. This guitar fits the mold perfectly. It gives such a nice bright full sound when you strum it as loud as you want. I use medium elixer strings, cause all I really like to do is strumming on this guitar. When you strum on it, it feels like nothing I ever owned before. It gives a gorgeous bright sound that just fills a small room with its vibrant sounds. Not to mention the expression system. I've heard alot of people complain about hot strings on the Taylor expression. Let me just say when I hooked it up to a amp and beat the shit out of it 2hrs straight before I bought the guitar, it worked fine and it sounded absolutely great. The acoustic sound is undeniably good especially the bass notes. However, because I use medium gauge strings, around the 9th fret, it will start giving out buzz sounds if say u press 9th fret and press down 12th fret and pluck the string, then release the 12th fret finger while leaving the 9th fret finger on it will give the buzzing sound. Maybe if you had a light string it wouldn't do that? Let's hope so other than that, I have had a Gibson J-200, which cost $400 more than this and it doesn't have electric input and doesn't come anywhere near this guitar in term of sound in my opinion because I played the shit out of the J-200 (2004 model) also and it didn't feel as good as the Taylor 15CE.

Well, overall impression I would have to say, when I got it I treated it better than I did to most women I've had in my life, it is that good my friend. I've had a range of guitar from beginner guitars from Peavy to Gibsons and Breedlove and Takamine. This is by far the most ridiculously good guitar I've had. I got it also at a bargain price for $1950 so if I someone stole it, I would buy another one, but I probably kill the person who stole it and get it back. Let me just say, when I saw this guitar in the store and played it, then tested 20 some other guitars ranging from gibsons to martins to takamines, there was nothing this good in the $2000 price range as this one. All I gotta say is even if it only cost me $1950 I would've paid more if I had to in order to get this guitar. Let me tell you, I was nervous buying it cause it cost $2, 000 and I never owned a Taylor before, but 30 min after I got it, went home and played it, all my doubts was erased. It was so good that it was actually worth giving up my $5k kawasaki rx-500 for it cause I might not have a ride but atleast I'll have this amazing piece of music instrument that probably is my favorite toy in the world. I mean I can just go on all day about this guitar, but I think I'll just shut up now and hopefully I've convinced you to buy this amazing guitar cause it really is what it says it is and more. I mean when I had guitar class, I went in with it, pretty much all the people there was like 'OMG, Woot!' type reaction so you can imagine how great this is.

I've known people who beat the shit out of their high end taylors at gigs 2-3 times a week plugged into a amp. However, the problem with that is you'll wanna change battery pretty often to keep up with it all. Other than that, this guitar will last if you take care of it. A good tip would be even if it does get a little dirty you do not wanna polish it, cause over polishing could dull the finish. So don't over polish it like every night or soemthing.

Everything top notch, the only problem is most likely gonna be the fact you will never wanna beat on it too much cause its such a great guitar and u might be afraid of damaging it even though it can take a heavy beating @ local performance or whatever. When I first got it, I thought it was just awesome fit guitar. It's like sort of having a guitar so good you can just sit there strumming just 1 single chord all day and it feels good just listening to the tones the guitar produces. The Taylor 15CE is that good, I mean, the first day I got it I sat up all night playing it cause I was too excited and coudln't go to sleep. When I first played the guitar at the local store I knew I had to have one, even if that was $300 over my price budget. It's a ridiculously cool/sounding guitar. Trust me when I say it is worth every penny you going to spend on this.

2004 model, nice jumbo sized. I'm sure you can find all the details on how it looks/features are @ taylorguitars.com The carvings on the frets and the 800-series pearl in-lay is awesome to look at simply, and the tuners are Taylor made gold coating with ebony wood tuner knobs, very hot. There is no word to describe it! When you sit down outside and play that guitar you'll get noticed, but not cause you are pretty but cause the guitar just stands out. The case is also a heavy duty case that comes with a humidfier, so that's a big plus too cause you can look cool carrying that case around.