Big Baby review by Taylor

Taylor: Big Baby

It is tolerable for basically all music styles, but it accels at hard, driving, blues. I plugged it into my 1000 watt Sony Woofer amplifier that I use in my car. With this configuration, I just couldn't seem to get much treble. Absolutely no noise when playing.

Overall, I was happy with my purchase of this guitar. It seemed like the price I paid for it really represented the quality of the experience and the instrument itself. Blues really stood out on this guitar and I would recommend it to any blues player. The only thing that really turned me away was the lack of finish and poor quality wood used in construction of this piece.

I found durability to be a strong argument for this guitar. It is meant for the road, with very high quality hardware that I had custom installed after I bought it. The strap that came with it seemed thick enough, but I decided against it in the end. The tuning is very dependable, only once or twice every hour does it need to be tuned.

I must admit that factory settings were pretty lousy. I had my car mechanic take a look at it, and he suggested that I take it to the place of purchase. The fact that this guitar did not come finished really ended up being the worst part of the experience.

This guitar deserves grosses bises, as it is one of my all time favorites after playing for awhile. It's got a super-thin neck with 27 frets. I found this configuration odd, as it often cramped my hands if I played for long hours. It's a solid body acoustic with a solid, laminated top. I think the body is some sort of composite of many deciduous types of trees, it is not one piece or type of wood. I bought it unfinished and did a few touch ups with some basic acrylic paints. It is a combination floyd rose and Tele-style bridge which is very efficient. It has three tone controls which also determine volume of each range. There is a switch that switches between a 3-way and a 5-way switch which maximizes options. It came with locking and non-locking tuners, so I installed both. There are three single pickups on board, and 2 humbuckers. It also came with a humidifier and a plectrum.