Big Baby review by Taylor

Taylor: Big Baby

Purchased from: Local guitar shop

I play all kinds of style of music from metal SOAD to pop like the Beatles also things like Blues and Jazz. I'm normally playing acoustic songs on this guitar and the tones are very rich and it sounds so beautiful that you can use it for Live gigs and recordings. It definably worth a lot more than the price I paid for. This guitar has it's most potential when you play chords or rhythm parts. Many people complain that Taylor has a bright tone but I do think the bright tone helps that richness especialy playing chords and rhythum.

This guitar it's value for money. Something, which don't associate with Taylor guitars. But this one is very much worth more than it's value. It seems Taylor done a very good job at the lower end of the acoustic market. I'm recommended this guitar to anyone either as their first acoustic guitar or as a cheap reliable guitar for first gigs or first recordings. Overall I'm very satisfy with this guitar and not wish to buy any Acoustic in the next few years. Well if the guitar is broken or stolen I will buy the same guitar so maybe if I have a more money to spend I will buy a high end Taylor.

I think this will withstand playing Live. Despite it has a few marks at the top. (little accidents done by me). This guitar needs little very maintence. The strap buttons are really solid. Nothing has come off neither from the straps or from the buttons since I had it. But I have to say it's neck heavy but many acoustic are neck heavy due to the way it built. It's something I personal don't really like tho but it's somthing that I have it used to it.

I used to electric guitar before I brought this guitar so at start I thought the action in this guitar was a bit too high. However, as I play more over the years. Especially after experiencing few more guitars. So this guitar's action does not that feel high anymore. It has a narrow neck so perfect for small hands like me. Don't know if the strings are original but it seems it lasted forever. I never change these strings and since these strings are perfectly in working order there are no need to do that... yet. The only thing I will like to change is it will be nicer if the guitar is a cutaway because the access to the frets are not very good since the neck joins the body at the 14th frets and almost impossible to play any notes after the 15th frets. Luckly, not many acoustics song plays that higher frets.

I'm not sure how old this guitar was. I brought it as a second-hand guitar in 2005. So it will be a bit older than 2005. Made it the USA with the serial number at the hole, spruce top, mahogany neck, 15/16 size dreadnought. It has 20 frets, non-cutaway and just like an old fashion acoustic no pickups. It's including an original gig bag with the Taylor name on it and tools which is very nice indeed considering I was buying a second-hand guitar.