Big Baby review by Taylor

Taylor: Big Baby

Purchased from: Crossroads Music/ Port Townsend, WA

The Taylor Big Baby is a thin guitar (since it is 3/4 size) that produces a bigger sound then expected. I usally play stuff like the stones, Tom Petty, some johnny horton, even stuff like Blink 182 and smashmouth and my Taylor preforms all way beyond my expections for it's price and size. When I play in drop D and use bends a little more frequently it always amazes me, the variation of tone you can hear.

This guitar fits mine and my friends playing (everything from classic rock to classical) I have been playing for 2.5 years but always have my guitar in my hands (If it's in the case, How do I play it?). The only thing I wish I had before buying this was a slide (I use a lighter for drop D and it sounds kinda flat the tones are too even. It lacks DEEP bass). If this guitar were stolen I would probably buy another Taylor (I don't know for sure if I would get the same model, but this is my first Taylor. I love the look and sound of this guitar, The only resentment I have is that it isn't a full body. But when I went to The Music shop I immediatly loved the sound it provided and couldn't let it go. I tried some Johnsons (great learners, But I need something more high-end) a couple Martin's that where pretty impressive, But this Taylor just surprised me so much with it's little body, but crisp sound (it's never loud just crisp).

I am a street preformer, This guitar will have to last in places like Coloardo and new mexico as well as washington and new york, So far I have only played in Washington but the tone stays solid (I haven't had to re-tune since I bought it save for drop D) I am relying on it now if it's shape or anything changes I will immeditly alter this review to reflect it's shape and dependability.

When I bought this guitar my fingers slid on the neck with great ease (They may have used string lube, but I doubt it) the strings are not to high off the fret board but they are not annoyingly close either, it is a fair balance. The body had a small chip which I may have put there while taking her home, or may have happened during shipping, It is hardly noticable and the spruce top covers it well.

Made in 2009 in Mexico. 20 frets (Ebony fretboard). Solid Sitka Spruce top, with Sapple (Same wood they use for sdub-flooring, Pretty close to mahogany) sides. I don't really know the finish, it's not glossed or satin... It just looks like wood. 3/4 size dreadnought. Price included gig-bag with adjustable 3 ring strap.