Big Baby review by Taylor

Taylor: Big Baby

I play mostly acoustic, been playing for 6 years now, I also own an Ibanez AEF-18 Acoustic-Electric which I love. The Big Baby is Acoustic - no electric. I play 60's, 70's, as well as music right up to current songs. Joplin, Blues Image, Stones, Cat Stevens to name a few. The Big Baby has an awesome bright sound, which matches my style perfectly. I am very demanding of my guitars. It handles full chords, power and Slash chords, bends and pull offs all very well. There is a slight thud on chords sometimes on the lower strings which I'm trying to figure out. It could be my hand position, or I'd ask the salesman to help me with it (PS the salesman sent me a follow up "thank you" email-nice touch in this economy).

As previously mentioned, I play 60s, 70s, some 80s, all the way up to current music. I just love the feel of this guitar, can't exactly get in down on paper. When I pick it up I feel very confident. If lost or stolen I would absolutely replace it. It came with a nice custom fit gig bag. And I had a $30 off coupon from Guitar Center I'm on their email list.

This instrument will withstand any type of playing you throw at it. People hanging out jamming and you start playing this baby you will be heard and noticed for the great sound. I would trust this guitar anywhere without a backup. I still prefer my Ibanez when I want a more throaty sound.

I am playing this instrument with the factory set up and it performs exemplary. Sort of if it ani't broke don't fix it. I have found no flaws in workmanship/finish. The guitar is very lightweight compared to my Ibanez, which takes a little getting used to.

This guitar was made in 2011, I bought it brand new. It has 20 frets and was made in Mexico. The closest I could get to made in USA in my price range. It has a Sitka spruce top and sapele-laminate back and sides. The Big Baby is 15/16 in size compared to a standard Taylor Dreadnought. The neck is bolted on with 2 large screws which sit perfectly flush to the neck.