Big Baby review by Taylor

Taylor: Big Baby

Price paid: C$ 500

Purchased from: Tom Lee

My style is country (from Faith Hill to Taylor Swift) and pop (current music), and the oldies such as The Beatles. I'm a big Taylor Swift fan, and I find that the sound of guitar played in her songs sounds almost exactly like how it sounds with this guitar! Especially with her song "Come In With The Rain": D, A, EM, G (with a few pinky placements on the 3rd fret for the first 3 notes) sounds very similar. I love the sound of this guitar! I don't play metal or rock so I'm not sure how it sounds with that. Hopefully good though? Also, it's not noisy. Perfect and clean sounding.

Overall, I love it alot! My very first Taylor. I wanted a baby Taylor but thought that'd be too small. This is perfect for singer-songwriters as well, like myself. It's got the perfectish tone to it. I also think it's good for some beginners (the ones who learn fast and/or are committed) because it doesn't take getting used to. Sounds good with pop and country and country-pop music! It's something I'd play if I were trying to write a song, or LOVE LOVE LOVE THE BIG BABY! *I still need to come up with a name for it. I'm thinking Juliet?

I think so, it's pretty loud (loud - not noisy!), especially when you strum it hard enough. I can definitely depend on it, only thing is that sometimes it's hard switching chords quickly while singing.

Nothing wrong with it. I bought it brand new after trying it for the first time in my local TOM LEE Music Store. I fell in love with it right away.

The Big Baby guitar was made in Mexico, has 20 frets, and is absolutely gorgeous. Also, comes with that original Taylor Guitars gig bag. Love it! Simple/Country-looking guitar, very clean.

rangermanII
    I have one and I think it's a great guitar for the money, but the Breedlove passport series are better guitars for about the same bucks.
    Alice in pain
    I had one of these and sold it for $300 that's all I paid so its a win win . Good guitar just to play around the campfire or at home as long as you don't play past first three frets. The bass is almost non existent while the treble is nice and bright if your into that . For my taste my Tanglewood TSC blows the strings off this guitar.
    frankjohannes26
    ... just got my BB Taylor a couple das ago second hand for 250 and I already love it !!! it's just a pleasure to play and it sounds great. What I love most is that this guitar really responds to how I play it !
    TobusRex
    Bought the Big Baby a few weeks ago. I'm getting better as a player because of this fine little instrument.
    BJ59
    Meh. Paid $320 for a 2009 MIM online. Should have bought a Seagull or even a Walden instead. Better yet, should have gone to a guitar store and played one in person before laying out money for this. It's not a POS, but it's not great either. Solid, but an old Ovation sounds better than this.