GS8 review by Taylor

Taylor: GS8

Price paid: $ 1900

Purchased from: Sweetwater

Big bass notes. Very good mids. A tad weak on the trebles. Overall the sound is exce3ptional. I'm one of those picky ears and have the guitar isn't in tune hear like it is hear ears. If you know what I mean. This one is one of the best I've heard. Stays in tune. Really like the Nano Web strings on her. Overall Sound is exceptional not only due to the size but also wood selection and bracing. I play a lot of country, blues and rock. She is well adapted to all. Has a little trouble pronouncing very quick notes in the high end. Very good with hammer ons and pull offs.

I'm very pleased with this guitar. If this is an indication of what i can expect then I expect to buy more Taylors in the future. I would deffinitly consider onboard electronics on the next one. I like the company ethic and Bob taylors complete involvement in all aspects of his company. Gives me confidence in his product and I have to think that if support is needed it will be easily forthcoming. Yes I would by the same guitar agin if it were stolen. I have had many Martins, Gibsons and Ovations and this is really a great guitar. I feel I have made a great choice. I won't be selling her that's for sure.

consistant sound quality and getting better with age. Only a year and a half old. Seems to hold true even in a humid enviroment. Desicant packs in the case to help humidity issues. But has remained consistant to this point. Not worried about the finish. Seems very stable and will hold up. I have used her Live and she really sounds sweet through the amps and pa's. Full spectrum, not muddy, good tone and projection.

As I said very happy with her looks and feel. She feels right at home in my hands and she sings to me. Wood selection is very good. Workmanship is very high. Machines are nice and tight but easy to operate. Starp buttons are tight and No worries about pulling out. Played great right out of the factory. Sweetwater says they set up guitars before they leave the warehouse. I can believe it.

All the usual Taylor Factory data. Thsi one is Stka Spruce Top and Indian Rosewood back and sides. Attention to detail is very good. Nothing out of place or loose. Fit and finish are excellent. I've played and seen a lot of guitars but when I opened the case for the first time my eyes got stars in them.