STS105CENT Review

8.3
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
STS105CENT Reviewed by: annie_k93, on february 17, 2015

Purchased from: Music Mart

Features: A dreadnought body shape, 20 frets. Rosewood fretboard, mahogany neck, back and sides of the body. There's a solid cedar top that adds an increase to the low end and an initial volume boost. It has a Maple body and looks really beautiful. Since it's an acoustic/electric guitar, it has the Fishman Isys + preamp with a Fishman Sonicore It has a bass/treble/volume knob, a phase button and a tuner button. It goes with a 9V battery. The strings on the guitar are D'Addario. I also got a free hardcase (which would've cost me a 150 bucks). // 10

Sound: It's good for pop/country and pretty much anything I've tried to play on it, especially songs with palm muting. This guitar has a great depth of sound. The lows are amazing, you can feel them in your gut. You can also just tune it down and it would still sound amazing. There's a very open sound with clear highs. The hardware is pretty good too, you can easily recreate the great acoustic sound when amplified, but personally I prefer the unplugged sound of any acoustic/electric guitar, so I only use the hardware when playing live. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The set-up is perfect for me, but the action seems kind of high for leads and bendings. But it's good cause it's challenging and I personally don't play that much leads anyway. There aren't any flaws in my opinion, I've played it live and in a studio and everything has sounded the way I wanted it to. When I play along with other instruments, this one stands out because of its strong sound, deeps lows and clear highs. And it fits perfectly with my voice when I sing too! And the best part is that you can get that deep sound even when you plug it in. Basically you have a full control over the way this guitar sounds. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is perfect for live shows and recording. You have full control over the sound and with the tuner you can make sure you're always good to go. I'm being careful with it, I always keep it in a hardcase. I flew all the way from Alaska to Eastern Europe, I travel all the time and I play everyday. I haven't had a problem with this guitar yet so I think that it's gonna be a long term guitar. The strap buttons are pretty decent, though I haven't really used them that much. I've only been playing it for a year so it hasn't worn off yet, but I have a feeling that it's build to last for a long time. // 10

Overall Impression: I play acoustic pop and some pop punk too and everything I've tried to play on this guitar so far has sounded perfect to me. I've been playing it for almost a year now. I can afford a more expensive guitar but or now this one gives me all the different sounds that I need. If it were stolen, I'd totally buy this product again. It's not expensive considering the quality of the sound, I was even surprised when I saw the prize tag. The only acoustic guitar I've ever owned was a Stagg guitar, so there's no point of comparing those too. All I know is that I chose Teton over Taylor. I've never really heard of Teton before, I walked in and accidentally touched the string and I just fell in love with the sound. Than I tried it out and dragged it to the other end of the world. // 10

Comments