TMM-382 Review

4,217
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
TMM-382 Reviewed by: micstarz, on february 25, 2008

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

Features: This guitar was factory made in China, despite it's hand-made claims. It features, nothing much. 22 frets, nothing reachable from the 12th onward. Laminated "plywood" top, sides and back. Cheap plywood neck and fretboard with plastic frets. Painted fret markers on the side and printed soundhole border. It has one strap button on the end and the bridge is slightly misplaced. I wonder if this thing ever got quality-checked? If not in tune, the bottom E string sports a buzz anywhere below the 5th fret. It weighs about the same as a dictionary, very bad. Surprisingly though, this thing stays in tune for quite a while. It has fallen more than once a week and it is still OK. Orange sunburst finish, dreadnought. Came with no accesories. The bag cost more than the guitar. // 5

Sound: For fifty bucks, this dump hermit sounds alright actually, It plays nicely with steel classical strings but I prefer to string it up with electric guitar strings. It sounds warm and a bit muffled, and I play cassical on this one. I don't ask for much on an acoustic guitar. It gives a audible sound, but that's about it. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The top is symmetrical enough. The saddle is a bit out of place, however. The appearance of this guitar is, cheap. Light reflects of the body too much, making it look ugly. I could see some glue on the neck where it was joined to the fretboard. Also, there was some glue on the tuning pegs which I pryed off. // 5

Reliability & Durability: The only way possible to convince me to use this guitar on a gig is by violence. The shiny pickup is all scratched up but the strap button is pretty solid, but if I was given another option, this guitar is a no-go. Even so, it's been bashed around for five years and is only a bit scrathed so I guess it isn't that bad. // 4

Overall Impression: My overall impression is that this is a budget beginner guitar which's target group is the foolish consumer. I have been playing for 5 years now, and the only reason why I still have it is I use it as a guinea pig. I test my decoration ideas on it. That is about the only use it has, but it is a perfect art guitar, I'll give them that. Something I wish I had asked: were the employees who made this guitar over the age of 8 (joking, of course)? If this guitar was stolen or lost, I would go get a Taylor and then laugh my head off at the thief. This guitar is uncomparable to anything else because it would just make you cringe at your $50 dollars wasted. // 6

Comments