CG180C Review

manufacturer: Valencia date: 12/21/2005 category: Acoustic Guitars
Valencia: CG180C
Its body is made from spruce and the neck is made of basswood. It has a good finish and the body style has a cutaway.
 6.9
 6.8
 1,035
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
CG180C Reviewed by: dane10, on december 21, 2005

Purchased from: Park Square

Features: I don't know what year was it made but I think it's made in the US. There are 19 frets, normal-sized (I think) and a laminated top. The body is made from spruce and the neck is made of basswood. It has a good finish and the body style has a cutaway. The bridge is Nubone and has no electronics. There are no controls given. I bought it with a gig bag. // 7

Sound: My music style is rock and it suits my style because the cutaway gives me freedom of going to the higher frets. I don't use any amps or effects with it. It's not really noisy but it has a full sound. The sounds it can has a variety of really full to just a pinched sound. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar has a magnificent appearance and everything is fine. It was set-up smoothly at the factory. Everything looks great and there are no flaws. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Yes. The strings are very durable. There are no strap buttons. I can depend on it, it has a rich sound. The finish is absolutely good enough to last. // 7

Overall Impression: I play rock and a bit of classical. It's a good match. I have been playing for a month and I don't own any other gear except for a guitar pick. I didn't wish to ask something before buying this because it seemed the the guitar spoke for itself. If it were stolen or lost I'd buy another one of the same model or buy something of a different brand. What I love about the CG180C is that it's a versatile guitar and I have to love the comfort of playing it. I only get infuriated when sometimes it's a bit hard to tune. My favorite feature has to be the cutaway. I can do solos with it! I compared it with an RJ guitar but it seemed that this one is better because it looked more durable. I wished it had strap buttons so I can play standing up easily. // 7

Comments