VW100 review by Vantage

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat

The acoustic isn't really my thing. I play mostly harder Nirvana material and Green Day. When I play Nirvana's acoustic stuff it still does not pull through which is disheartening. This is probably due to it being straight acoustic, unlike Nirvana's 'Unplugged' performance.

Nirvana and straight acoustics do not mix well. Nor do Green Day and straight ahead acoustics, at least what I play of these artists' material. I have been playing a year now and I own a Schecter Gryphon, Line6 Spider II 15 amp, Digitech DF-7, EHX Small Clone, and two other acoustics. I couldn't care less about this acoustic, it's just not worth the closet space it takes up. I wish it would just be lost or stolen. I dislike having something that doesn't suit me or my musical styles.

I'm sure it could withstand everything after the abuse I have put on it. The hardware looks solid and I could depend on this. I have no idea what I'm going to do with this though, I have no real need for it.

The action is very hard to switch back and forth on electric to acoustic but it has helped my electric playing a lot. I believe the frets are dressed, but I am unsure. There is a large crack in the upper left hand corner on the guitar if it were standing up. However, it was repaired, so no worries there. The nut is poor, but it does its job. Everything else on the acoustic is in fair condition, especially the tuners.

This Sound by Design Vantage acoustic guitar (model no. VW100; serial no. 1078) was made in Japan of an unknown year to me. When I purchased this from the jazz band guitarist of my school, it had been sitting in his basement between 5-15 months (years possibly, I don't really recall) however it plays nicely. It has 20 frets with full access to only the 14th fret. Medium Jumbo frets on an ebony fret board. Has dreadnought shape out of and unknown wood but it looks like Cedar on body's back, sides, and neck. Bridge is that of Martin acoustics with end pins. This is a straight-ahead acoustic with no electronics. The tuners are Kluson-like in shape I believe that are non-locking. I received no accessories with this.

takeitawaybob
    oh god i'm sorry to inform you mate, but this guitar was NOT made in japan, unlike earlier vantages This was most probably made in either Korea (if you're lucky) or china.