V-20 review by Ventura

Ventura: V-20

The sound of the V-20 is actually the biggest factor of these guitars. The company was originaly shut down becuase they built their guitars just as good as Martin and Talyor, and since they used there specs to make an off brand of the Martins or Talyors, they got shut down. The sound, is beautiful, very comparable to a Martin or a Talyor. Its a very projecting guitar, very loud for an Acoustic.

This guitar would fit any type of musician, it has great sound and great playibility. I've been playing for 4 years, and I played alot of high end guitars, and this one deserves to be among them. If it was stolen, I would try to find another one, I think they go for about $400 in pawn shops and other guitar stores, so its a great deal for the money. I compared this guitar to a Martin at Guitar Center and my Takamine G series, and it blew away my Takamine, and almost was up there with the Martin. Hope this helps some people looking at these old guitars or is wondering about them.

My friend does use it for Live playing, but he has to mic it, which gets frustrating. Its lasted 30 years, but that was 30 years unplayed, but I expect it to last much longer if its kept in good shape. The strap buttons are pertty solid, even though they are a bit rusted, but they are kinda small. I would definatly use this without a backup, but only if I was doing small gigs, since micing it would be a pain. The finish is ok, not all that great, but it could just be becuase of its age.

When I got the guitar, it had an very low action, and no fret buzz. Which suprised me alot, since it had been sitting in a addict strung up for 30 years, and the neck didn't even budge. Playing the thing was like playing my electric guitar, was not hard at all to push the strings down. The finish is....kinda worn, but thats to be expected of a guitar this old. Part of the spruce top was comeing off, but I glued that back together and it was fine. The clear coat finish did hold up well, its still there and very reflective still, but has lots of scratches.

I borrowed this guitar from a friend who found it in his addict, and it had been sitting there since the 1970's. Through my research I found that these guitars are no longer made, but there are still alot of them out there, and I haven't found no reviews on these amazing guitars. But to start, this guitar was bought it 1974 I think, its your basic standard Acoustic guitar, no fancy hardware. Its made in Japan, but designed in the United States. It has 21 frets, like most guitars, but there not all that accesible. The neck is quite interesting, its not quiet a half circle like most would expect, it has kinda a hill in the middle of the back of the neck, but suprisling its very confortable, gives it alot of strength. The body is kinda hard to determine, since there are no specs on this guitar, but I know its a spruce top with what I think are mahagony sides and back, I'm assuming the neck is made of mahagony also. It's a standard Dreadnaught designe, very full sound. It's got the typical Acoustic bridge, with the plastic pins, but the bridge on this one is made of solid mahagony, which is a nice touch. The tuners are kinda basic, but very heavy, which allows it not to go out of tune easily.

ethan_hanus
    Just to make this clear, crit the content, not the grammer. There may be a few errors. If you got nothing constructive to say, dont say anything.
    Xeus
    Features: I borrowed this guitar from a friend who found it in his addict, and it had been sitting there since the 1970's.
    SayHello2Heaven
    he found this guitar in his addict? Tell me, did he cut Scott Weiland open to get at this six string?
    cbrewer9
    "The company was originaly shut down becuase they built their guitars just as good as Martin and Talyor, and since they used there specs to make an off brand of the Martins or Talyors, they got shut down." Nope. They were shut down because Ibanez, the parent company here, was sued for using Gibson's likeness on their headstocks. They eventually shut down the factories and then companies like Gibson and Fender took over their production facilities to produce their own lower-quality models. They weren't copying Taylor guitars either because Taylor guitars were nowhere near relevant in the 70s.