V-23B Dove Bird Review

manufacturer: Ventura date: 09/25/2014 category: Acoustic Guitars
Ventura: V-23B Dove Bird
It sounds beautiful, it fits my punk rock and instrumental guitar style. It's acoustic, so it just plays.
 7.8
 8.5
review (1) pictures (2) user comments vote for this gear:
V-23B Dove Bird Reviewed by: EdwardMasters, on september 25, 2014

Purchased from: It was passed down since my grandfather, to my dad, to my brother, to me.

Features: It was made in Japan.
- 23 frets, fat neck, maple fretboard
- Solid Top
- Maple
- Transparent finish
- Dreadnought body style
- I don't know the bridge style
- No electronics
- Included case and strings. // 9

Sound: It sounds beautiful, it fits my punk rock and instrumental guitar style. It's acoustic, so it just plays. Martin & Co. strings, full bright lovely sound, it's acoustic. So like no effects or amps okay. Beautiful harmonics. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: It was set up perfectly, but when I received it, the art on the pick guard (the dove, vine, and roses), had been wore away from over 15 years of playing. It has a strap bolt missing and some dents and scratches, but who cares? Willie Nelson didn't. Everything is fine about the guitar, it plays well, looks well, no rust, no dust. Everything is completely fine. // 7

Reliability & Durability: It will withstand live playing one strap button is missing, and I can depend on it 100. I am used to it already. // 7

Overall Impression: I play rock, punk rock, and instrumental guitar. I've been playing for about 2 years, but I've improved so much. I own a Kano amp for my First Act. And yes, I'd buy a replacement, though no guitar can truly replace it. I love everything about it... Even the sound. Compared to a dreadnought 100D, the dreadnought is Blegh. I wish it had its strap button back, but that's it. Though I can play fine without a strap. // 6

Comments