V300 review by Vintage

Vintage: V300

The sound is amazing. The bright high end tone is a lot more dominent than the low end which makes most songs sound great. I play mostly blues, pop and rock on this and it is amazing. It is a loud guitar considering the price and the sustain is very good. It has a sound much more sofisticated than the price tag. It's brilliant in every way.

I play blues and pop/rock and it is perfect. The songs I usually play are by Bob Dylan, Jeff Buckley, etc. I have been playing for nearly 2 years and I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Custom, a Squier Showmaster and a Collins C20 Classical. The classical is stuck in the attic and will never get played as long as I have this. If it were lost I would buy one of the Hugely Expensive Cole Clark models but until then, this will do nicely. The best thing about this guitar is the tone and the worst is the default action, but this isnt really bad. its hard to find many faults when you compare it as price/quality. I looked at The Aria AW35 and the Ibanez AW15 LG but this one was the better guitar out of the bunch.

The guitar hasn't got a scratch on it, and for me this is a achievement as my other Epiphone les paul was dropped on a drumstick and it chipped the side. The guitar keeps getting banged and knocked but there is no visable damage. The strap button seems solid but there is only one. I originally thought this was missing but now I dont know what to think. do acoustics usually come with 2 strap buttons. I have and will use it for live gig playing, its just a steady little guitar that also stays in tune well.

The action needed a little adjusting because I found it too high but now I generally play with a capo so this isn't really an issue. Everything was set up perfectly. There was only one problem when I recieved it. When I opened the box, the guitar was protected by a foam sheet, but when I took it off the guitar, neck and all was covered in this little white, asbestos like substance. It was easily wipable away and didnt affect anything but I don't understand how that happened.

The Vintage V300 was recently voted "The Best Guitar Under 1000" and it really lives up to the hype. For a cheap acoustic, it has a suprisingly good tone, with a lot less low end than any other guitar in this range. I had previously used a Collins acoustic which I bought for a whole 40. Its don't know when or where it was made. The wood is excellent, it has a spruce top with a nato wood neck which is incredibly fast playing. The Bridge is rosewood and it has 20 frets but 14 accessible frets.

KatieeGeorge
    I have this guitar and I love it to bits I think it has a great sound and tone and you can play almost anything on it. It's a really good buy
    Lexiluli
    I just got one of these - couldn't be happier - an esxcellent guitar and a joy to play
    bootcutboy
    I just got one too for 75, I got the blue one. It looks and plays ace, big thumbs up!!!
    Sephian
    I love this guitar. Just got it for my birthday. The white asbestos stuff happened to me too. Blag.
    familybucket
    iBawb
    I got this yesturday as an early birthday present. Love it. =)
    Lexiluli
    familybucket wrote: How did you choose this over the Ibanez??? The Ibanez has a solid top and costs a lot more ?!? How much did you see the Ibanez for?
    The Vintage also has a solid top
    StarsandGuitars
    Hexodrome, How long have you had this guitar for now? Has it held up well? Or was it cheep and broke after a while? If it's still working out well for you I might see about getting me one . Thanks Rachel
    Lexiluli
    V300 still playing well after 3 years - tone if anything is improving with age and playing...
    Casey648
    I have a v300 from 1980 that belonged to my mother and still plays beautifully. This guitar is definitely a great investment. When great care is taken it can be used for generations
    thirday44
    I have a '82 V300WH. I bought this guitar brand new, and it's the one I use daily. Just had some frets replaced and a few other minor upgrades. I choose this guitar solely on tone. It has been my constant companion.
    gav.ster1
    Got a black one one off ebay hardly used with a good quality steel capo and a nice stand ,all for 50 quid, great guitar for this price and the black looks great
    BoHo1992
    Grabbed a right bargain today, found a blue one in the second hand shop for £29.99. Just needs a new set of strings as i've just broke a string lol