VJ100N review by Vintage

Vintage: VJ100N

I play mostly acoustic rock and blues and this guitar is almost like made for that type of music. The sound of this guitar is huge and I haven't encountered any buzzes so far, even with the old set of strings I currently have. Even my guitar instructor said that the sound of my guitar is much better than his twice as expensive Ibanez electro-acoustic. Great sound for a really cheap guitar.

As said before, this guitar just suits perfectly for the music I play. I've been playing for a little over a year now and although I mostly spend my time on an electric nowadays, it's good to pick this guitar up and play after a while. The guitar is very much worth the cheap price. If it were stolen or lost, it has a good chance of being bought again.

As for the time passed I've noticed that this guitar is quite durable. It has had a few bumps (nothing serious though) and so far, it still looks like I bought it just yesterday. The finish shows no signs of wearing down. I would trust this guitar enough to use it on a gig without a backup.

As I bought this guitar from a shop, I don't know if there were any adjustments made to it but when I got it, it was nearly flawless. The action was like it was supposed to be for this type of guitar. Closer examination shows some sloppy glue work but even a year later, I see not much wrong with it. Although I've heard that with some of the models, the factory wood kept on drying and produced some flaws mainly on the neck of the guitar, I've had no such thing. Might be that I stumbled on a good copy and got lucky but no major flaws on my guitar.

A super jumbo type of guitar. These are made in China with specs that include a solid spruce top, mahogany laminate body and sides, multi black/white binding, nato neck, 20 frets. The fingerboard is made from bound rosewood. Tuners are grover type and the finish is natural high gloss. No pickups fitted to this model but for a few extra bucks/quid it comes in a cutaway version with a shadow pickup. The guitar has also a nice tortoiseshell pickguard which looks quite good on it in my opinion.

Vexian
    I still ask my self why a 159 dollar guitar can get a 10 for his sound..
    wullybeeman
    GibsonPWNS
    wullybeeman : 10/10 for the sound, FOR THE MONEY! like if it sounded the same, but cost twice as much-it wouldmn't get a 10.... it's not that hard.....
    lol.. spoken like a true pawn shop diver (no better shopping imo) IMO i think acoustic is all about the resonation. If it doesnt sound good with s*** strings on it it wont sound good with new ones