D740 review by Walden

Walden: D740

Purchased from: Rockshop nz

The sound on this guitar is stunning for it's price range. I looked at over guitars round the same price but this seemed by far the best. It has a nice rich/full sound. Stunning hi's on the treble strings. And stunning low's on the Bass strings. So the sound is alround great!

I am playing anything from Eric Clapton to Red Hot chili peppers. Is there something you wish you had asked before buying this product? Yes, if there was a brand new one in their wharehouse that I could have lol, But then again I guess with the one that has been on display it is already been tested out and tuned. If it was lost or stolen I would buy the same one. Mainly cause anything better would cost too much and this guitar is probably better than alot of expensive ones. Nothing I hate about it. I love the look and the sound it produces. Also the quality of the rosewood fingerboard is superb. I compared it to a few fenders, and A&L's. But this one had a nicer sound plus looked better.

Will this guitar withstand playing? Damm yeah! Wow, I wish I had a chance to play live. Some people may find that the problem with this guitar is that there is only one strap button. Doesn't bother me I play acoustic sitting down most the time. This guitar would definatley not need a backup.

The guitar is setup great from factory. And I don't want to mess it up changing anything even though there is nothing that I woudl change. The finish on it is great. It's not had a super thick glossy coat on. So it is possible to acutally look at it without reflection. Thinner is better. The satin finish is smoother than a glossy thinish thus allowing greater speed while playing.

I am unsure on what year it was made as it was one that had been on display in store. It was designed in the US and made in Korea. Features 20 frets, rosewood fingerboard, Die-Cast gold tuners, two way truss-rod, A cool looking pickguard, Peg Down bridge. And mine has a nice natural finish to it. It is made out of the following: - Solid sitka spruce top - Solid African mahogany back - African mahogany side - Solid Indian rosewood bridge - African mahogany neck.

Acousticwannab
    Bro I brought the same guitar from the same shop in K'rd mate. The sound is absolutely sweet. Best Acoustic guitar i've had and the service from the rockshop was swweeeeettttt.!!!!!
    nalanave
    I have a used 740 and it amazes me. Plenty of low end drive and high end sparkle. Gorgeous sustain. Paid something like $180 for it used on Ebay and I'm elated.
    Captain Insano
    I basicly stole one of these about year ago buying it off some guy for 75 bucks. It's a freakin awesome guitar, sounds incredible.
    BalladOfWar
    I have this guitar,and i didn't like it at first,but it's definitely grown on me alot,good buy.
    hardenheavy
    I bought my D760 a month ago. My first guitar was a Made-in-China something, featuring nylon strings and some type of wood that I wouldn't use even for a vegetables basket. So you can imagine the look on my face when I played the first few chords on my brand new Walden. Absolutely awesome!!! P.S. What's your string hight at 12th fret?
    mstolte57
    I have had this guitar for several years, and I can say nothing but great things about it. It sounds great and plays just as good as an $800-$900 acoustic. My favorite feature is the natural lacquer finish, that has ages beautifully over time. My friend has added electronic his D610 and it sounds great! Only dislikes are the tuners (feel cheap and wear easily) and Top Inlays look chinsey.