C40 125th Anniversary Edition review by Washburn

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good

Price paid: C$ 130

Purchased from: quest musique

Despite being a classical oriented guitar I found this thing amazing for blues, rock and country. I really love it but it's sadly a little to quiet. I really found it easy to get the sound of Gorillaz's hit 5/4. It also was good for Led Zeppelin's stairway to heaven although it did not really match the sound it sounded incredible anyways.

I am very punk/hardrock based career-wise but I found this great for just chillin to some different kind of tunes (especially 5/4 by Gorillaz and were gonna be friends by the white stripes, it sounded just like on the record)do not play live with it though, even if your going to trash it onstage because it wont break. I also love how it never seems to go out of tune the finish is attractive but notcould definetly use more polish, aside from that this is a pretty legit guitar.

Well my brother uses this one more than me and he has smashed it dropped it and all kinds of accidents happened, yet it still didn't have a scratch on its body neck or head and barely went out of tune. I actually tune this thing once a week because it stays in tune so long. Unfortunately the strings that came with it broke far too easily but that can be fixed easily by a quick string change. I would definetly not use this for playing live though because there is no way to get a strap on it. Not even if you screwed the pegs in, maybe I would if I were the oppening act and had a stool

I found it a little rough moving up and down the frets while playing chords, but it was surprisingly easier when playing notes, even though it still gave me a hard time, and don't even get me STARTED on bends and slides they are impossible to get right. The finish was good but it looked a little...plastic. This is easily the worst area for this guitar.

I am not sure which year this was made, but I did some research and found out it was made in chicago. It has 19 frets with a classical finish that makes it look like the perfect accoustic instrument. I had never seen tuning pegs like this before. They were metal plates screwed in to the side of the head eqquiped with marble like pegs. Its really built to last and doesn't attract a lot of dust at all.

Beowolff
    Good review, very helpful. I knew nothing much about this guitar... your info was helpful. Thanks.