D100M review by Washburn

Washburn: D100M

Purchased from: Music Go Round

This guitar is probably my favorite acoustic. I think Washburn made a mistake for selling them at this price! It has a warm, deep, loud and full tone. I've compared it to $2000+ Martins, Taylors and Gibsons, and they just don't seem to have the full and rich tone as this guitar does. It's too bad they don't make them anymore. So keep your eyes open, if you see one for sale, buy it! I'm sure these will be very valuable in a few years. Especially when they mellow in, they already sound incredible, I can't wait to hear what it sounds like in a few years!

I usually play hard stuff, fast punk, slow acoustic, pretty much anything. I've been playing for a while, like 3 or 4 years. If I somehow lost this thing, I would cry for 5 hours straight and only hope to God that I could even find another one, these things are hard to get a hold of. I love everything about this guitar, the shape, the finish, the sound, just everything. The only guitar that I would say is only a little close to this is a Takamine from the G series, I'm telling you, this guitar is so good. I can't believe the price I paid for it. I hope I can keep it and pass it on to my children.

I will most definately play this live, the only thing is that I would have to buy a pickup for it but that's no big deal. The strap button is ok, the only thing is that it's plastic but other than that it's pretty solid. I would totally bring this with out a backup guitar. The finish is very high quality and will last for a long long time.

Everything was great when I got this guitar, the action was perfect. And the finish had no scratch or dent or anything on it. Just perfect. The frets weren't worn at all, the wood was great, tuning pegs were astounding (grovers) nut and saddle are ok, not bone or anything but I replaced them, everything was amazing and tasty.

This guitar is either made in China or Indonesia. The models made in Indonesia have a little more quality such as Grover tuning machines. This guitar is your standard dreadnought mahogany acoustic. It is quite amazing though. it has 16/20 frets depending on the model. Solid top, rosewood fretboard. and the finish is a beautiful transparent red.

thelocalbaptist
    I have this guitar, bought it for $99. I have a fender Santa Maria that wishes it sounded as rich and full and I paid over 10X for it. Bought it first or I might not have it now.
    jcl!!
    I just wanted to let readers who like this Washburn acoustic know it is still available! Now it's the D100DL,I got mine from musicians friend.Excellent guitar for the money!
    cullanflint
    Thank You. My dad got me one of these at a pawn shop for about $300. It has the grover tuning machines, red finish, and a really nice action. When he got it it had a pick up in it which I wish it didn't. I just don't like how visilble the wires and that 9 volt battery are. The brass finish on the knobs looks nice too. The sound is wonderful. You answered just about all my questions. I love this guitar and have a greater appreciation for it now. Thanks again.
    levis760212
    I got his guitar on musician friend.com. the guitar's action is too high and the neck is bended. Comparing with my friend's Fender DG8, this one is hard to play and sounds not as good. It is not that great at all for m experience.
    althebold711
    Looks like you may need a neck adjustment. I was thinking of ordering this guitar and now i will because it seems like it is worth the money and is an upgrade from my blueridge brf-j.
    guitar410
    Since these are cranked out of China- its a crap shoot. On a scale of one to ten however, I'll give mine an 8. On the 3rd and 4th strings between the 8th and 14th frets, there are some tempered sweet-spots that when playing jazz chords make this guitar sound like a guitar 5X its price. I also paid $119.00 at MusiciansFriend. My intonation is the best a guitar made of the wood and materials gathered for this price could possibly be...
    angellove789
    i have a washburn d-100m! we love it but we have a lil man on the way and need the cash its in ment condition. contact us at justindanielewart@yahoo.com to give us offers and get pics of it. its barely played but sounds awesome!.
    frontman1955
    I have had a D100MTWR for about ten years, and it is a great guitar for the money. I have 10 guitars, a mix of acoustics and electrics, almost all of them more expensive, but I still find myself picking up this guitar quite often. I even had it fitted with a high quality internal pickup so I could play it with my classic rock band. It has great projection, a rich tone, and one the best necks of any of my acoustics. I will probably never get rid of this one!