D10SB review by Washburn

Washburn: D10SB

I play a lot of different styles and wanted an acoustic for when I felt like just sitting down and playing for a bit without getting my amp and electric out. It has an absolutely beautiful sound. Deep and full. Out of all the guitars I tried this one truly sounded the best. It has such great tone. It can also be pertty loud if you strum the strings a bit harder.

This is a great sounding guitar and it doesn't cost that much. It is a great instrument. If it were lost or stolen, I wouldn't have a second thought about buying a second one. I love the sound of this guitar. It's what made me buy it. I compared it to the Alvarez RD20S, Alvarez RD8, a Fender and a Yamaha. It blew all of them out of the water and cost less. I chose my Washburn because of the great sound. The other acoustics just didn't compare. I wish it had a second strap button, but it's not that big of a deal. Overall, this is an amazing guitar for this price. Heck, it's a great guitar for under $1000. It is truly a magnificent guitar. I highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a nice acoustic.

This guitar could easily withstand live playing. It's wonderful sound would definetly impress a crowd. The hardware is fine. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't last. The strap button is solid-very nice looking as well. I wouldn't have a problem using this without a backup. It's a quality guitar and is built to last. The finish is really nice. I doubt it would wear off very easily.

The guitar was set up perfectly. I have never seen an acoustic set up so well. Everything with the setup was dead-on. The finish is flawless. Not a mark on it anywhere. No ripples, nothing. The wood inlays are a very nice touch as well. The only flaw I could find was a couple tiny cuts on two frets. They aren'y noticeable unless you are examining the guitar closely though. It's also quite possible that it happened in the store where I bouth the guitar, so I won't remove any points for it.

This guitar has a solid spruce top with mahogany back and sides. It was made in China this year. It has a mahogany neck witha fully bound rosewood fretboard. It has a beautiful black finish. It is a dreadnought shape. The tuners are "Grover styled" and are pretty good. It stays in tune for days at a time.

sam-moir-1991
    i oun a washburn D10s natural, and its amazing, i love it, i got it from www.imuso.co.uk for 110, cheep as chips.....and there prity good chips
    Anjohl
    I got a Washburn D10S from 2003 the other day as my first acoustic guitar in a LONG time (Usually play electrics), and for a foreign-made-guitar, it's simply amazing.
    vfreemen
    Got my Washburn D10SB in Ukraine few month ago, sounds totally amazing. Made some changes for fingerstyle (truss-rod, frets and so on) and thinking about installing of piezo-pickup.