D10SB Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 05/19/2006 category: Acoustic Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Washburn: D10SB
Based on our best selling acoustic guitar, the D10S, the D10SB is a classy gloss all black version. It features a solid spruce top and mahogany back & sides.
 9.1
 8.2
 6,962
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
D10SB Reviewed by: Xenn99, on may 19, 2006

Features: This guitar has a solid spruce top with mahogany back and sides. It was made in China this year. It has a mahogany neck witha fully bound rosewood fretboard. It has a beautiful black finish. It is a dreadnought shape. The tuners are "Grover styled" and are pretty good. It stays in tune for days at a time. // 10

Sound: I play a lot of different styles and wanted an acoustic for when I felt like just sitting down and playing for a bit without getting my amp and electric out. It has an absolutely beautiful sound. Deep and full. Out of all the guitars I tried this one truly sounded the best. It has such great tone. It can also be pertty loud if you strum the strings a bit harder. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up perfectly. I have never seen an acoustic set up so well. Everything with the setup was dead-on. The finish is flawless. Not a mark on it anywhere. No ripples, nothing. The wood inlays are a very nice touch as well. The only flaw I could find was a couple tiny cuts on two frets. They aren'y noticeable unless you are examining the guitar closely though. It's also quite possible that it happened in the store where I bouth the guitar, so I won't remove any points for it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could easily withstand live playing. It's wonderful sound would definetly impress a crowd. The hardware is fine. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't last. The strap button is solid-very nice looking as well. I wouldn't have a problem using this without a backup. It's a quality guitar and is built to last. The finish is really nice. I doubt it would wear off very easily. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great sounding guitar and it doesn't cost that much. It is a great instrument. If it were lost or stolen, I wouldn't have a second thought about buying a second one. I love the sound of this guitar. It's what made me buy it. I compared it to the Alvarez RD20S, Alvarez RD8, a Fender and a Yamaha. It blew all of them out of the water and cost less. I chose my Washburn because of the great sound. The other acoustics just didn't compare. I wish it had a second strap button, but it's not that big of a deal. Overall, this is an amazing guitar for this price. Heck, it's a great guitar for under $1000. It is truly a magnificent guitar. I highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a nice acoustic. // 10

More Washburn reviews rating category latest review
+ X50PROFE 8.1 Electric Guitars 04/01/2016