D10SCE review by Washburn

Washburn: D10SCE

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I play a variety of music, classic rock, '90s rock and alternative. It suits my style fine. The only thing is the sound is a bit shallow; the body of the guitar is not very big. Very clear sound but not quite as loud if you want to rock out. Bright but sound could be a bit fuller. Plugged in the guitar sounds fantastic, the electronics are great.

I've been playing for about five years, and have had this guitar for a year. Nothing I can say that I don't like about it. I am confused about the XLR output though. I thought I was clear on it's function but I can't seem to get it to work. No biggie though. Probably wouldn't use it anyway. If it were lost or stolen I definitely would buy it again. Probably twice. I compared it to about a half dozen other brands and this one stood out. I think I was right too, nothing I regret about buying it. Very good guitar for the money.

I think it is relatively reliable. I've had it for about a year now and nothing's wrong with it. The strap button fell out but I just had to glue it back in. I gig without a backup and I'm not too worried about it. This is not a very expensive guitar but for the money is pretty well built.

Set-up was great out of the box, no buzzing like other reviews said. The action is nice (I like it relatively low). Everything's great as far as finish. Looks great and plays great.

Not made in the US, hence the price. Active electronics with 3 band EQ, notch filter, volume, presence on guitar. Piezo pickup on bridge, everything you could want in an acoustic/electric and the features are good quality.