D10SCE review by Washburn

Washburn: D10SCE

Purchased from: local music store

I played dozens of guitars when looking for a new acoustic, ranging in price and manufacture. I required a cutaway, but most of them had a very small sound. This guitar sounds better than most full body guitars and defenitly better than any other cuttaway I played. I played a Seagull that came close, but it didn't sound as good plugged in.

This is a very versatile guitar because of its sound. You can play it unplugged and still get volume. I have been playing acoustic for as long as I can remember, and this guitar will switch from Folk to Clapton with no discrepencies. I played tons of guitars and this one has it all, good looks and great sound. Oh ya, the comment on the mic input not working. There has to be something plugged into the other input to make it work. The guy I bought it from cut the end off an old chord and gave it to me to put in when I use a mic cable.

This guitar can defenitly take a show. The strap button is very solid, the other guy must have been beating his guitar up because its very durable. Never play without a backup, but if something were to happen to your other guitar, no big deal. Its an all wooden guitar with a paint job, it needs to be cared for, although all it requires is some ammonia free windex and brawny paper towels. Every few months it needs a wax job.

The action was a little high, but thats no big deal. The electronics are perfect and there was no flaw with the guitar.

Great cuttaway acoustic electric. You can really get up to the high frets. The electronics are great volume, bass, middle, treble, and presence.