D10SCE review by Washburn

Washburn: D10SCE

Purchased from: Guitar World

Very nice sound. It sounds fantastic both plugged in and unplugged. Even with a cutaway it sounds much nicer than my full bodied Yamaha dreadnought (although that could just be the fact that my Yamaha is a piece of crap). The notch filterm on the preamp does a very good job of making the output sound much less noisier.

This guitar is an absolute steal for the money I paid. The store I bought it from suggested I also try an Ibanez they had on sale, obviously I chose the Washburn. This was mainly because I preferred the sound of the Washburn, and the appearance of the Ibanez was simply crap. If it were lost or stolen I would definantly save up another 500 bucks and buy it again. The only thing I wish it had was a second strap button, but thats easily installed. Overall, an amazing guitar at an amazing price. If you need a quality acoustic electric cutaway with a solid top, that looks a million buck, this guitar is definantly for you.

Very sturdy guitar, no loose parts. Seems to be built like a tank. Very nice finish which seems to be of very high quality.

Very nicely set up straight out of the box. Low action which makes playing a breeze. The guitar looks amazing, the photo doesn't do it justice. The back and sides especially look wonderful.

Made in china in 2004. 20 frets, with a solid spruce top. Dreadnought cutaway with Equis Extra preamp with bass, mid, treble, presence, notch filter and volume.