D10SCE review by Washburn

Washburn: D10SCE

Purchased from: Music 123

As for the style of music that I play, which is everything from slow ballads to hard rock, and all styles in between. The Washburn D10SCE seems to keep up with me quite well. The guitar is strung with Vinci strings, which, when new, are very "bright" sounding, almost "twangy". But this "twang", calms down after some use. The WT92 tuner/preamp, allows for a standard variety of mixed tones. Hey, for an acoustic, how much do you need? Really.

Like most musicans, the style of music that I play is constantly evolveing. And for me, the Washburn D10SCE, is a great match. Hopefully, it would prove the same for you as well. I also have the Yamaha FG700S, which is great for chording. But the D10SCE, is far superior for a more "stylized" type of play. Though what I love the best about this guitar is it's balance. Wheather you perfer playing while standing or sitting, this guitar does not "fight" back! If this guitar were ever to become lost or stolen, I would replace it with the same one straight away! So give this guitar a serious audition, and you'll see what I mean. Peace. Rock on!

Either playing at home, or out Live. This guitar can withstand most any abuse. The durability of the D10SCE's hardware and finish is, quite simply, superb. As for the reliability... Well put it this way.."I would bet my last dollar on it, and win"! Oh yea,, the strap button is solid, no worries there!

Traditionally, the Washburn Factory set-up, is legendary, and thus is the case here. All the frets were seated properly, and the truss rod needed no adjustment. The electronics work to a perfection, and the tuner is "spot-on" accurate. Well, I've had this guitar for over a year now, and as for flaws... None that I have noticed, nor felt. Great craftsmanship!

The Washburn D10SCEB (the "B" stands for black) that I own, was built in the "Peoples Republic of China", in 2008. It has 20 frets embedded in a Rosewood fingerboard. The body is a "cutaway" style, with a solid Spruce top. The sides, back and neck are made up of Mahogany. The outer protectorant is a black luster, "buffed" to a mirror-like finish. The electronics of the D10SCE features the *Buzz Feiten Tuning System incorperated into a WT92 tuner/preamp. The headstock is equipt with chrome plated, non-locking Grover tuners. The extras that accompanied this guitar were as follows... One standard bridge saddle (bone), one bridge pin (bone), a large truss rod wrench and a well crafted hardshell Washburn case complete with a chrome plated, locking Drawbolt set up.