D10SCE review by Washburn

Washburn: D10SCE

Purchased from: J&R

Suits my music style just fine (acoustic/classic/folk rock). In fact, perfect for this type of music. I use it with a Fender Acoustasonic, Dean Markley K-65 Acoustic Amp, Fender Ultimate Chorus if bringing my own but usually just plugging into whatever PA the house/club has where I am playing. Just reverb and chorus if anything. Pretty full sound for this price range. Non-players say it sounds great -- but people who have played Martins and higher-end gear can hear it is a little thin. But this can be compensated for pretty well via settings in a Live situation.

Great guitar, hard to beat the value. Have been playing for close to two decades! Originally compared this to the Fenders and Ibanez' in it's price range but saw no comparison there. To find something worthy of a comparison, you'd have to look at the Seagulls. But the Seagull model comparable to this has no binding and is like $100 more. No thanks. Wish the bass response was a little better but for the price, I am willing to compromise. Also looked at the Carvin 750c. Seems nice but I need to try before I buy. This guitar has that nice tight feel right out of the box. I see this as the ideal guitar for a working Acoustic musician. Especially the singer/songwriter types or a coffehouse/bar player, etc. Low maintenance, with the tuner on there, etc. so you're good to go! If it were stolen I would buy another one as soon as possible.

Have already gigged with this guitar with more to come. Will let you know if it ever breaks down! I see this as the strong point for this guitar. Very durable feeling "like a tank". Can't wait for it to break in a little more and open up a bit. Finish seems very durable. There is only one strap button like many of the oldschool acoustics but I play sitting down so not a big deal to me. If I need to use a strap, it can be attached to the headstock like in the '70's. Who cares.

Guitar came perfectly setup, although the action was a little higher on the upper frets than I normally play with. Played a gig with this about a week after I got it. Did fine. Bookmatching was fine. I really liked the fact that this has well-done binding throughout. Many guitars in this price range do not. There are some small irregularities here and there regarding the finish but nothing worth noting. A tremendous value and a great buy. Great for taking around town and not worrying too much.

2009 standard size dreadnought. Made in China by Washburn, a company based in Mundelein, IL, USA. Solid spruce top. Laminated Mahogany Back and Sides. Push-pin bridge, saddle with compensation for the B string. WT-92 Pre-amp. Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence, Volume dials. Onboard, highly accurate tuner. Standard generic "Grover-style" tuners. Free hard-sided case.

mattshort2
    I have a d10sz which I bought 1 year ago, wanted an acoustic electric and was so happy with the sz that I only considered the d10sce. Just received it this week and am thrilled. Has everything the sz has, maybe just a little less boom but all in all a great guitar.
    mattshort2
    I have a d10sz which I bought 1 year ago, I was so pleased with the sz that when I decided to get an acoustic electric I only considered the d10sce. Bought it on ebay from gman music. It was advertised as b stock and I got it for $122.00. It arrived this week and is great, gman music did a set up and it plays great out of the box. It was b stocked b ecause of a truss rod adjustment. The action is perfect and the guitar is as good as my sz, maybe a little less boom but all in all a great guitar. Washburn rules.
    Irawyn
    this guitar is awesome. The sound is so clear. I love this guitar
    ashim.prasai
    I have lost the small screw from the female port of my pickup where do i find a replacemet