D25 review by Washburn

Washburn: D25

The sound that comes from the guitar is of a varied quality. When played quiet, it gives a nice clean sound, but when played alot louder, it sounds a bit muffled, and a tune is hard to hear a relaxing tune come from it. When palm muted, this guitar sounds very acceptable with a clear tune coming from the strings, however when tremelo picking, it sounds a bit blunt, and tuneless.

I tend to play classic and modern rock on this guitar an is fairly well suited to it. I tend to play in drop D alot, and this guitar is very well suited as it has accurate tuning. I have only been playing for around 6 months and had only realised this was lieing in my loft when someone told me of its where abouts. I also own an electric keyboard, ukulele, Stagg electric guitar, Rockburn 15W amp, two guitar stands and various accessories. I also play drums as my main instrument.

I have only used this for home use, therefore can not comment on its ability to withstand live gigs and performances. The guitar has been stationary in my loft for at least 30 years, and has lasted perfectly. A few scratches here and there but no wearing at all, and very little rusting of its original strings.

As this is a 1980's acoustic guitar, it was manufactured with no pickups. The only flaw with the body work, is a loose G string, which is able to stretch more than it should do, and comes out of tune very easily.Overall, a very nice feel to the guitar, very smooth, no chips or cracks in the body work, and the interior frame is hidden well for aesthetics.

This guitar was bought around 1980 and have not recently used it until now, 2012. This guitar was made in Japan. 20 frets. Laminated body. The guitar came only with two plectrums and a 'how to' book. The guitar has 3 tuners each side of the head. It has spots on the 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th, 15th and 17th frets which is very useful.