DK20CET review by Washburn

Washburn: DK20CET

Purchased from: Musicians friend

The guitar fits my musical intrest very much. I play a lot of metal and classic rock but this is great for playing those ballads. I use a Crate Flexwave 120 half stack with it and it sounds great. I use the delay effect once in a while and that sounds fantastic. Definently not noisy on any setting. It may be bright but I'm not sure. It has a lot of variety if you put it at the right settings. The controls are sensitive and I guess that's ok.

As stated before this guitar suits me well. I've been playing for about 5 years abd I own a lot of gear. I don't think I wanna list all of the gear. It would take to long. I don't wish for much but I wouldn't want to ask questions. I would seriously buy another one. It's great! I hate absolutly nothing about this guitar. One thing for sure is that it's sexy. I love the carmel outline on the edges. I chose this guitar over the Ibanez dreadnought acoustic because of the look and it was better than the Ibanez. The only thing I wish it had was a different pick guard but it doesn't matter that much.

This guitar is built like a tank. It's great for Live shows. Everything seems like it will last. I haven't tried the strap yet so I'll tell you later. I probably would use this in a gig and I wouldn't need a back up but it can't hurt to be safe. The finish looks great and I don't think it will fade any time soon.

It was set up pretty well and it looks beautiful. Everything is perfectly set up on this guitar. No flaws whatsoever. This guitar is perfect! I really think Washburn did a good job with this one. It's only 200 bucks but it's made with $500 worthof material.

This is an amazing guitar. I absolutly love it. I think it was made in the US but I'm not sure. Anyway, the DK20CET has 20 frets and a rosewood neck. Spruce top is pretty much the only color it comes in but it looks fantastic. Also the mahogany wood is a very nice touch. It is a cutaway dreadnoght and I think that's a great combination right there. Electronics or active and use a simple 9 watt batery. The controls are listed: volume, bass, treble, presence, middle. The Gold die-cast tuners are none locking but would you really need a locking system for an acoustic? It comes with a free gig bag, 3 straps, a pack of picks, a instrutional DVD and a crap load of other stuff I don't even know what to do with.