DK20CET review by Washburn

Washburn: DK20CET

Purchased from: Uptown Music

When I first got the guitar, it rattled just a little, and the tone of the factory strings wasn't quite up to my standard. After realizing all I needed was a slight truss rod adjustment the rattling stopped. I replaced the factory strings with GHS White Bronze Acoustic Electric strings which sound amazing with this guitar because the DK20CET is a bright sounding guitar. Because it's not completely solid wood, the guitar isn't very loud when not hooked up, compared to some other solid wood guitars. What's really good about this guitar though is how great it sounds hooked up, it's unbelievable, especially for the price. I played it on my friend's Line 6 setup in his basement, and the treble, bass and middle are just right when adjusted properly on the built-in preamp. It has a very full sound when hooked up. This guitar is most suitable for rock or blues, as well as similar genres.

I play rock and alternative on this guitar, and it's perfect for both. It also sounds great when its played for blues or even jazz if you put more mellow strings on it. I've only been playing for 3 years now but I've seen and played enough other guitars to know that this guitar is fantastic for the price. If I lost this guitar, I would definitely buy another, or get the newest model from the DK CET line. Best Features -Great electronics -Amazing finish -Bright sound -Sounds fantastic hooked up and Acoustic, just a little quiet Acoustic

I think that this guitar was made for playing live, what with the built in tuner and preamp. It's not difficult at all to get it hooked up and sounding great. The strap buttons are solid, it's dependable, and the finish is definitely good enough to last; I got sand in my gig bag when I was playing on a beach and it's hardly scratched.

The finish when I bought the guitar was amazing. Over the time I've had the guitar the finish has had to stand up to a lot, and still looks great. The action is low and easy to play; it plays almost like an electric guitar. With my adjustment to the truss rod (I tightened it), there is no rattling at all on any fret. Though the nut and saddle are plastic they still hold up well and don't significantly affect playability or sound. The only complaint I had originally was loose tuning pegs, but I tightened them up and now they don't rattle when I play bass notes.

I bought this guitar recently, it has a spruce top, mahogany for the neck and sides, and a rosewood fingerboard. The saddle and nut are plastic, but resist wear good enough. The guitar has a cutaway dreadnought shape. There is celluloid binding around the edges which looks very nice. My DK20CET came with the Washburn WT-92 preamp/EQ and auto built in tuner. xlr and 1/4 output for playing hooked up. Came with a gig bag and strap both of decent quality.

bigtalljoebrown
    I just purchased one of these almost two weeks ago. I have an Epiphone Lp special II seymour duncans in the bridge and bc rich up front, Squier strat, and a p.o.s. acoustic. I love this thing. I dont leave my house with out my guitar except to go to work so. I couldnt be happier I saw some bad reviews but play it before you buy it goes with any guitar though.