EA9 review by Washburn

Washburn: EA9

This Guitar is perfect for lead guitar. It has a nice warm bassy tone unplugged, and plugging it in makes it sounds even better. The Equis Extra Preamp gives you 4 notches to customize your perfect sound. It is the best sounding guitar under $300.

I play a lot of CCM and this guitar is perfect for it. The action is great for mini riffs and intros. Sounds great capoed, sounds great plugged. If this guitar was lost or stolen, and I was in the same financial situation, I would definately buy this guitar again. The only thing I wish it came with was a pickgaurd.

This guitar has not failed me so far. It has been in an overhead compartment of a greyhound, the hot trunk of many cars, dropped in its gig bag a couple of times, bump here and there, played outside at night and it still remains in tune and intact.

The reason why I bought this guitar over another one I had my eye on was the Action. Strings are fingerstyle and hammer-ons and Pulloffs come very easy. Very little work and stress involved in barring. Construction is very tight andi cannot think of anything wrong with it.

This acoustic/electric comes with abalone rosette, chrome, 18-1 grover tuners, bound neck and body, rosewood bridge and fingerboard, Low-Z and Hi-Z inputs, dot markers. The Equis Extra Preamp has controls for Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence and volume. Comes in a natural or black finish. Wicked festival cutaway design. Although I give it a 4 because I did not come wit a pickgaurd and also I had to install a front strap button because it did not come with it.

jdobsonrocks
    Absolutely better than my Taylor and best performance acoustic thus far. Cannot believe it is so cheap. My failsafe guitar with tone and playability so unique. One of a kind!