EA9 Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 08/16/2004 category: Acoustic Guitars
Washburn: EA9
All the punch of your favourite electric in a great sounding acoustic/electric guitar. Great for stage or studio, the EA-9 features: abalone rosette, chrome, 18-1 Grover tuners, bound neck and body, rosewood bridge and fingerboard, Low-Z and Hi-Z inputs, dot markers.
 8.5
 9.2
 7.8
 4,550
review (1) pictures (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
EA9 Reviewed by: CtAwy, on august 16, 2004

Features: This acoustic/electric comes with abalone rosette, chrome, 18-1 grover tuners, bound neck and body, rosewood bridge and fingerboard, Low-Z and Hi-Z inputs, dot markers. The Equis Extra Preamp has controls for Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence and volume. Comes in a natural or black finish. Wicked festival cutaway design. Although I give it a 4 because I did not come wit a pickgaurd and also I had to install a front strap button because it did not come with it. // 8

Sound: This Guitar is perfect for lead guitar. It has a nice warm bassy tone unplugged, and plugging it in makes it sounds even better. The Equis Extra Preamp gives you 4 notches to customize your perfect sound. It is the best sounding guitar under $300. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The reason why I bought this guitar over another one I had my eye on was the Action. Strings are fingerstyle and hammer-ons and Pulloffs come very easy. Very little work and stress involved in barring. Construction is very tight andi cannot think of anything wrong with it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has not failed me so far. It has been in an overhead compartment of a greyhound, the hot trunk of many cars, dropped in its gig bag a couple of times, bump here and there, played outside at night and it still remains in tune and intact. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of CCM and this guitar is perfect for it. The action is great for mini riffs and intros. Sounds great capoed, sounds great plugged. If this guitar was lost or stolen, and I was in the same financial situation, I would definately buy this guitar again. The only thing I wish it came with was a pickgaurd. // 8

Comments