WCG55CE review by Washburn

• Tuners: Grover Exclusive 18:1 Black
Other
  • Strings: D'Addario EXP-16 light set phosphor bronze
  • Case: GCGADLX-U - sold separately

Sounds amazing. Not as clear as a $5000 acoustic but better than many mainstream acoustic guitars. Well worth the price. I subtracted two stars only because it does not sit well. It needs to be stroked every now and then or IT WILL WEAR and that mainly goes for the nut and the neck... I do understand that goes for most guitars but I have had cheaper ones that sat well. Of course that messes with the sound so I give it a honest 8. I suggest a open room to really bring out the sound more. Slanted ceiling really do this guitar justice.

The guitar itself is very beautiful. No complaints on looks and feel. The pickups are adjusted fairly well. Bookmatched top and routed bridge just as long as you loosen the strings after every use and refrain from letting it sit. The flaws I notice was the pegs loosen from time to time with heavy strumming, the nut comes loose because I am assuming the adhesive was not powerful enough. The controls are nearly perfect and I have no problem with them. The side tuner works well and accurate but the battery runs out even when off so I suggest removing the battery after every use.

Adhesive wore within a year. Nothing that can't be replaced with better quality parts but for the $650 I would have like to have seen a upgrade on some of the parts like knobs and nuts etc. I really can't give much on the durability because I have a CNC machine shop and custom make girly parts for my guitars like knobs. But as far as I can tell it will be a guitar that will last for 20+ years. I suggest storing it in a soft case rather that a stand because dust sticks to it and the frets. I am in a wooded area so that may be some of my issue.

My over all impression is that this is a very good guitar. I get many compliments of the sounds. The battery does not last worth anything but the sound is so clear and rich open recording sounds clear and pristine. If it was stolen of lost I would buy it again. I wished I would have asked if there was a upgraded version, I believe paying more pays in functionality though I have no regrets purchasing this guitar. I love the feel and the sound. I compared it to Gibbs, Ib and more. I chose this on because it sounded the best and the price was reasonable for the sound it produces. I would definitely recommend this guitar.