WD18SW review by Washburn

Washburn: WD18SW

Price paid: A$ 565

Purchased from: MelMusic

As far as acoustic music goes, my playing is mostly influenced by John Butler, Phish, Grateful Dead, other 60s/70s psychedelic/jam rock and Pearl Jam. The guitar's tone isn't as dull or muffled as people say. It sounded really nice straight out of the box, and with new strings (Elixirs) and a bone saddle to replace the plastic one, it sounds way too good to be this cheap. My dad's mate has a Maton A80 and after the new saddle was put in, the Washburn doesn't sound that much worse than his does at all. Not a big enough sound difference to justify the several thousand dollar price difference. It's definitely on the warmer side, but it's crisp and it sustains forever. Great for slide work.

Best $600 odd dollars I've ever spent. I played a few guitars at my local guitar shop before selecting this one, and I noticed that all the guitars that sounded as nice as this one were $1200+. It'd be nice if it had a pickup or something, but that doesn't really bother me at all. Very happy with this guitar, and if it got stolen, I'd buy the same thing again for sure.

Only owned it a few days, but it seems really solid. The tuners seem to hold really well, the strap button won't be coming out anytime soon...the satin finish is great and being satin/matte, I don't think they really wear much at all. And when they do they usually look even better than before, so...yeah.

Played it straight out of the box and it was good to go from there. I chose to get it set up properly and have a new saddle put in, but that was purely because that's what I had planned from the beginning. When I got it, it was even in tune, which is odd. I think they might've set it up at the shop before sending it off.

Solid sepele body, made in Indonesia. Satin finish just amazing. One of the best looking acoustics I've ever seen. Gold grover tuners, Tortoise shell pickguard. Dreadnought style body, no electronics. Nice and simple. Came with a gig bag. Pretty much your basic Acoustic guitar. The logo on the headstock looks really nice, too.

SilverSpurs616
    Really nice finish on that guitar. I'm always wary of all-10 or simular reviews, but I'd certainly try that one out if I saw it