APX500 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: APX500

Purchased from: Professional music technology

I mainly play alternative/punk (Green Day, Paramore kinda stuff) music on my electric and I'm hoping to transfer these influences to my acoustic playing with a more serious twist. I've only played it through a micro cube amp but it sounds just as awesome through that as it does unplugged and you can suit it to twangy upbeat kinda stuff to more mellow songs with ease (just hit the strings hard or soft depending on what sound you want) overall, suited to any style for any player may it be begginer or experienced.

If somebody stole this guitar off me or broke it, I would firstly find them, and torture them untill they give it me back (that was a joke, violence is bad kids) but I would certainly get a new one or something, however if you are looking to buy one of these don't get one off the internet because I had to try every different apx 500 in the shop (about 6 different apx 500's) before I found the one with the right sound but maybe that was just me being fussy. I compared this to the apx 700 and to be honest, both me and my friend prefered the 500 because it was just soo much easier to play, my favorite thing about this guitar is its versitality to everyones needs (my friends dad recommended it to me and he plays Folk stuff and I play modern stuff and we both loved it) overall, a brilliant guitar for anyone really, but the best reviews come from yourself so if you want one, go and try it yourself before you decide, after all, you'll be the one playing it and remember to try all the different models to get a comparison and idea of value for money. In my opinion and absoulutly awesome piece of guitar, well done Yamaha:)

I would use this guitar in a gig without even thinking of using a back up, everything on it seems like it will last a very long time without breaking down or loosing any quality, can't really say much else because I haven't had the guitar long enough, sorry:) if you try one out before buying you'll be able to give your own opinion on its reliability (it depends on how often you play and how hard you play it)

This guitar was set up absolutly faultlessly from the moment it came out the wrappings, frets are perfect with no loose wires, tuning pegs are absolutly solid (I always break tuning pegs on my electric, overall, no flaws manufacturing-wise solid guitar, if anything its slightly imbalanced a bit like a Gibson sg but a grippy strap will fix that easily.

I purchased this guitar a few days ago and instantly fell in love with it, I've just began playing acoustic after playing electric for about 3 years, its so easy to play with the Nice D shaped neck, the resonse to playing quietly and loudly in unbelievable, mellow when played quietly then really twangy when played louder, not sure about all the specs because I only recently bought it, but its definitly worth the money.

VIO-LENT
    punk like paramore and green day. wtf. congratulations. decent guitar though.
    phat104u
    My friend owns this guitar, and it's very easy to play, and sounds wonderful. Definitely well worth the money. To those who are giving it 1s and 2s, go away. You're just pissed that the 1st reviewer gave it all 9s and 10s. You won't find a 9 or a 10 guitar in this price range, but this thing certainly deserves 8s. Yamahahahahahaha does make fantastic instruments.
    georgeguitarman
    does yamaha make some good quality guitars?
    Yes. VERY good quality guitars. A friend of mine at college owns this guitar and it's one of the best acoustics I've played. I plan on buying one... as soon as I get the money for one
    ShionusSkyr
    Reviews are subjective. Guess nobody will be happy with any score you give something, but for about 500 bucks its pushing it to give a guitar so many 9's and 10's.