APX500 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: APX500

Purchased from: Local Store

For my classical style this guitar is amazing its very bright and clear with no fret buzz. I've only used it through an amp maybe 3 times but I used an Epiphone 15r, it sounded clear just a bit muffled but that's more of the amp not the guitar, I played with all the setting and it can go to very high to low. The lower haronics are a bit hard to hear if you tune using harmonics but if its a problem it does have an extremely accurate built in tuner that's easy to use. Not much variety for an acoustic.

With this guitar I play classical music and its AMAZING if you need a steel string with a cutaway to get up to the higher frets. I've been playing classical for about 4 years and really only own a cheap 50$ Acoustic besides this. I don't regret buying this guitar at all it is well worth every penny and if this were broken or stolen or something I wouldn't be willing buy this guitar again or even the next series.I love EVERYTHING about this guitar except for the little plastic things that keep the strings in the bridge, I prefer elixir strings and they seem to not fit so have to put tape around the little pegs to keep it in, surprisingly it works and hasn't affected tuning or anything. Overall this guitar is the best 300$ you can spend for a brand new steel string acoustic, its got a cut away, great bright clear tone stays in tune and performs jsut as well as you do live so if you're looking for a new steel string and want something cheap I highly advise this guitar, you wont regret it, this baby performs way beyond what it cost.

I've been playing live with this guitar for a year and playing it every day for almost 2 years, it can withstand live playing, for hardware it seems like it'll last, the strap locks are solid. This is only Acoustic I depend on because I know it wont fail me I don't gig with a back up because its just that dependable, that's just me it would be smart if you're gigging to havea back up thought just in case. The finish lasts as long as you don't abuse the guitar, I've banged mine a lot and hit many other head stocks but only have 2 nail thin peelings on the guitar.

My guitar was set up perfectly I haven't had any problems. I don't really use the pick ups at all because I don't use it through an amp. Now earlier I said I had a oriental blue burst finish, the stock picture for this color is a dark blue but that camera must be wrong because the finish isnt blue at all its more of a dark turquoise, its a BEAUTIFUL guitar regardless I prefer the color it is over the stock image whenever I pull it out people and friends glance twice to see it and always ask how much I paid for it because its that nice, mine had no flaws its been reliable since I got it.It stays in tune extremely well I maybe have to tune every other day if I'm picky, if wanting to drop to D I can easily because its a bright sounding guitar.

This amazing steel string cutaway guitar was made in Indonesia in 2009. There's 22 frets unsure about what type but its a thin line guitar with sruce top, nato neck and sides with a rosewood fingerboard. I purchased an oriental blue burst hi-gloss finish. A rosewood bridge with active 1 way piezo pick up and 3 band equalizer and a built in tuner.Die cast chrome tuners, you have the normal volume control and ur equalizer for low mids and hi's and an adjustable AMF control.

Floyd-Rose
    just wanting an opinion from someone with a little more experience. Would this guitar be much enhanced if i put TUSQ bridge nut and saddle on, with elixir strings? i played one today and was not completely impressed. I need some persuading.
    Rurounikz
    i bought apx 500 1 one month ago. i wasnt impressed but then i was kinda used to it. Pluged sounds better than the most guitars i tried at this price range. but unpluged im kinda disapointed. sounds really thin and flat. its small body gives me a hard time too considering im a tall guy. i wouldnt reccomend it for some1 that wants to play it unpluged more than pluged. in mine there were traces of glue around the sound hole but overall it looked prety good. Playability was great again better than every other guitar ive tryed in the same price range. strings were yamaha 11s. bottom line. im selling it cause i didnt like the sound and im planing on geting a yamaha dreadnought