APX500 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: APX500

Purchased from: Guitar Center Toledo

Very balanced, bright tone. I knew I was sacfricing some bass and volume with the thin body, but was impressed with it nonethless. If you play mainly unplugged by yourself or in a small group its great. Also less over tone with the balance. Plugged in the sound is great. Higher pitched chords are very bright and clear.

A bit about me 1st. My self evaluation is an expert novice (ha). I play mainly chord strumming songs from Pearl Jam, Cat Stevens, Neil Young, CSN and many more. I spent weeks researching guitars before making this purchase. I narrowed it down to a mini jumbo Seagull and the APX. I knew I was sacrifcing some craftmanship for electronics, but the guitar is very well built and sturdy. A less important feature, but weighed in for me nontheless is that the guitar looks really cool. I love the balanced tone and less over toning. I have an Epiphone dreadnought also. I would recommend and replace this guitar if needed.

My buddy had this same guitar for 10 years and speaks highly of it. He has taken may places and used it in gigs. He also has 14 other guitars that range in value up to $2000.00. I've had mine for a week, so the test of time hasn't been taken yet. The craftmanship seems solid and strudy without flaws.

The action is low and feels great. The lacker finish is smooth. The back of the neck is smooth and sturdy. Even if your hand gets sweaty, it still slides nicely on neck. I had no flaws on this guitar. The mother of pearl inlay around the sound hole is nice. The over-all craftmanship was good. I think it is a great looking guitar. One other attraction to it.

I love the easy to use electronics on this guitar. The body is solid spruce top with nato sides and back, very durable. The neck is rosewwod and narrow, very well built and feels sturdy. Great for smaller hands and less expert players. The thinline body is very comfortable. The playability is the main reason for me choosing this guitar. I'm 5'8" and muscular so this guitar fits perfectly and feels great.

evileenz
    These guitars are good and if you can pick up one second hand buy it but in this price range better to get a crafter
    sander.koit
    Amazing reviews, unfortunately nothing like what I had. There is almost no bass in the sound, middle strings are too quiet. When I plug in the cable, D string is completely silent which means sth is also wrong with the pickup. A big plus is that its well playable though I would not recommend to buy this guitar.