C40 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: C40

Purchased from: Tampereen musiikkikauppa

It suites my music style very well (I play lots of blues, jazz and light rock). The sound is very bright, but you can't make a large variety of sounds with it. Too bad that you can't play any hard rock with it. The C40 stays in tune for a long time (though there are guitars that stay in tune longer).

I play lots of soft music, and this is the perfect match for me. I've been playing for a couple of years now, and the guitar's in perfect shape. If it would be stolen, I'd definately get a new Yamaha C40. I love the soft and bright sounds that you can make with it. I hate that the wood's so soft, it gets lots of dents. I compared this to my friends Yamahas, and the C40 beats them fair 'n' square. I have to thank my music teacher for recommending this guitar.

I don't think this guitar can withstand live playing, especially if it's hard rock. This is a classical guitar, so there aren't any strap buttons. Mine C40 has lasted for a long time in good shape, so I don't understand, why some people hate this and say that this won't last for long.

The wood is poor quality (too soft); the guitar gets lots of dents. This guitar doesn't have any strap buttons on it. That's a bummer.

The Yamaha C40 is propably the best choise for a person just starting to play an classical guitar. It's made in Indonesia by Y M M J Co. Ltd. in acordance with specifications of Yamaha Corporation (according to the sticker on the inside). It's made of a wood way too soft, so scratches and dents will be easily made on it. It has 19 frets and the neck is quite thick. It is not a large guitar. When I bought my Yamaha C40, I got a good case for it, though the case is heavy, bulky and way too heavy.