C40 review by Yamaha

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Yamaha: C40

Purchased from: Malaysia

Yamaha C40 suits me fine. I play classical and this is a good and economical guitar for beginners. There is no pickup so no amp and effects are used. The sound can be better. I find the tone is not balanced. The guitar is also a little light to my liking. The wood looks thin and sound volume is not the best. The feel of the neck seems cheap and does not come with varnish. Only after playing the guitar for a year, the varnish appears thru my fingers.

I play classical for 15 years. This guitar is a good beginner's guitar. Sound is not the best. The bass strings are softer in volume compared to the bottom 3 treble strings. If stolen, I would look elsewhere. I have tried other better guitars after the purchase. The most annoying bit is the volume and tonal imbalance of this guitar. I wish it had a tuner too. But for the price being cheaper than most in the market. I think I am asking too much. This guitar Yamaha C40 is a basic, no frills guitar. It is cheap and ideal for beginners. This was my first guitar and I bought the same model as a backup since it is one of the cheapest guitar for classical in the market (malaysia). To me there are better guitars around if you've got the money.

Yamaha C40 is lightweight. The body of the guitar is thin and the neck is non solid. The guitar is pretty solid so it can withstand several knocks and bangs. The wood does need some polishing from time to time. Especiall yin the tropics like malaysia being humid and hot. I can use it as a backup. But this guitar may not last and may wear off after extensive play.

Nothing was flawed. All tuning pegs were in place. The treble strings however does sound louder than the 3 top bass strings. Therefore the tonal was perfectly balanced. Being a classical guitar, there were no pickup installed. Nothing loose or misaligned.

Top Spruce Back & Sides Meranti Neck Nato Fingerboard Rosewood Bridge Rosewood Strings Length 650mm (25.6') Tuning Chrome (YTM-01) Finish Gloss Finish Made in Indonesia No included acessories No electronics. Light body. non solid neck No Tuner. No Pickup Economical basic guitar

lorenzod1
    Its my first guitar and its really simple. I use it alot and i have no complaints i just put on a set of D'Addarios and its great.