C40 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: C40

Price paid: C$ 150

Purchased from: Yamaha shop

My style is mainly soft and classical. I play a lot of classical. I bought the guitar to fit it's classical purpose. The sound bright, and it can handle any thing from Jason mraz, to miley, to Francisco tarrega. The only downfall to the sound is: none, for me anyways. It is a cheap guitar, for a great sound. Soft, but can handle a variety of styles.

Again, I usually play soft and classical music.it is a good match. I've been playing for like years. I also own a Washburn mg-300 electric, my baby. If it were stolen, I would probably buy a different guitar. Not because this one sucks, but it is a starter guitar I've outgrown it. For now, it'll stay with me as my first ever guitar.

It is quite reliable, sound wise. I have used it live at school talent shows and recitals. And I played solo, no back up. It is dependable, to the point where you start trying to hammer around the twelfth fret. With lots of playing, the wood will get scratched.

The action is somewhat high, even for a classical, I've played other classicals, and their strings are a bit lower. When playing around the twelfth fret, hammering takes more effort. The factory set up the strings quite well. They were locked pretty tight. The guitar has some very soft wood. I may feel like using a pick sometimes, and it gets scratched and dented pretty easily. I also have a couple of scratches, but that was just me being stupid.haha

So I'm not sure when the guitar was made, but I know its from indonesia. I'm not gonna complain that it has no strap buttons, cause its a classical, of course. There's not really a finish, per say, but there is a glossy coating. Wood: both the bridge and fingerboard are rosewood. spruce top, meranti sides. nato neck. The tuning machines are chrome. I'd say this is a pretty decent looking guitar, although lighter woods are more stylish, this dark wood is acceptable. The strings that came with it are great, but they had to be replaced withing a year or so, they started gettng pink.

Noodlerman
    Can't understand why folks vote down a classical guitar as being unsuited for heavy rock! This particular review, however, seems to be written by someone who just likes being negative for the sake of it. I'm surprised he didn't complain that the guitar is made from wood and that's a non-ecological thing to do these days! Beefyboy's comments do coincide with a few that others have made, but he just likes to boost his to the point of being insulting and can't find anything positive or useful to say - which probably explains why his 'review' has been voted down so many times.