CPX5S review by Yamaha

Yamaha: CPX5S

Purchased from: Sound Control

I play most genres and I use this guitar if I just want to pickup and play. It sounds great wether it be damien rice, the beatles or Blink 182, whatever I can throw at it. it's a very full deep sounding guitar. When I plug it in it sounds amazing, with reverb even better. I'm using it through an AVT 50, Boss CE-5 and DD-3, and it sounds great.

I play everything on this guitar and it plays well and sounds just fine with anything. I wish it had more frets but most acoustics don't have more than 20 or so. I own a Fender Telecaster and the gear I said earlier and I've never felt the need to replace my acoustic and I have a habbit of buying things and wanting others weeks after. I'd recommend this guitar to some one looking for a good intermediate guitar even professional. This guitar will last me along time I don't plan to be buying a new acoustic till after uni I hope. I compared to a more expensive Taylor, a Takamine and a Tanglewood, I preferred this one. I don't hate anything, I love this thing. Try it out it's a great guitar.

Definately, I'd play this live, not without a backup just out of precation. The hardware looks good after a year and a half of playing everyday, some minor fret wear but that's to be expected. The finish is still good but like I said has some minor scratches, I'd recommend a clean every now and again keep it looking good.

It played perfectly from the shop, I haven't adjusted anything, haven't wanted/needed to. The finish is really nice, although is prone to finger marks and some pick marks, but their rarely noticable. I have knocked this guitar a few times and now has a mark on the body and on the neck, only two, but it should be a lot more. I've banged this thing all over and it's done well it withstand it.

Made in Asia somewhere not sure where, I bought it last year and again not sure of the date. 20 frets and I got it in the violin sunburst. it's an electro acoustic so it has the EQ settings etc low/mid/high which is powered by a 9v battery which I've never had to replace Mother of pearl dot inlays. I got a free Hiscox case with it for free. All you would need.

Weepin_Guitar
    is there an XLR cable output for connecting on a PA? if I'd buy this, I don't want the batteries to go down on stage...
    Kasperg91
    I have this guitar and it's good with amplifier but without the tone dies really fast. Not a good "acoustic" guitar in my opinion but really good for amplified sessions.