CPX700 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: CPX700

Price paid: C$ 650

Purchased from: Guitarworks

This acoustic fits with many styles. Play some rock and it'll sound good. Play some metal? Probably wouldn't sound good. But anything acoustic sounds beautiful and seductive. The sound is rich, full, and hums attractively. Mostly a standard acoustic sound, nothing too special.

So I play rock and light stuff, the look and sound of this guitar suits it exactly. I've been playing it for maybe 8-10 months and this was my first guitar. It's a great guitar and I'm happy for my first price. It fit the price range perfectly as well. This is one of the most beautiful acoustic guitars I have seen, and I own it! Many girls love this acoustic as well, it's beautiful, and the sound of the acoustic (no matter how crappy you play) will drive the ladies wild! Definitely a good choice guitar.

This guitar is reliable so far. Nothing bad has happened to it for my 8-10 months of playing. Not many scratches either, only on the fretboard. This is one definite thing I can depend on it for: picking up beautiful babes. This is one beautiful instrument that sounds great. Any girl that watches any dude play will fall in love. With that in mind, I will keep this acoustic forever.

This guitar didn't have any defects or anything. The strings were sort of worn down, but that's because it was sitting at the shop for a few months. I can't really understand the tuner. It's a low quality tuner, but if you've got nothing, it's the most convenient tuner. The fretboard is less than noticeable. it's just some plastic thing they put on there, which is fine, but after long hours of playing, you'll see some scratches if you look very closely. That's all the bad things about it. Everything thing else was lovingly put together.

To produce its warm tone and even bass response, the CPX700 features a unique body size, slightly smaller than a full-size jumbo, for the perfect combination of sound, looks and comfort. The guitar features a solid spruce top and nato back and sides and produces a bright, richly textured sound - one that, thanks to the solid spruce top, will mature with age. The 1-way pickup is matched to the System 56 preamp, featuring our ultra-musical 3-band EQ and adjustable mid frequency control for powerful, versatile tone-shaping. Like all the other CPX and APX guitars, an integrated tuner is always available.