F310 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: F310

Purchased from: Steve's Music Shop

The sounds is beautiful, especially since that it's new, and the sounds has yet to develop with age (I can't wait to hear it in a few years). It has a mellower, deeper sound than most guitars, and sound just resonates clearly from it. I play both finger picking songs and rock songs, and both sound great on it. I'm glad my sister picked out the guitar, since she is musically trained and specifically picked the F310 out of all other guitars because of the sound. I owe her one.

Wow. Just wow. I love it. It sounds great, looks great and my sister didn't have to morgage her condo to buy it for me. It's my first guitar, and I plan on keeping it for a long while, and will keep it until she falls apart. I will never replace her, and only will get another guitar that can be plugged into an amp but I'm a poor student, so that won't be for a while. Kudos to Yamaha for making a high quality, great sounding guitar for a wonderful price. I'm hooked on Yamaha F310.

Since it's fairly new, I haven't been dinging it up. I have been very careful with it, but I've seen reviews stating that the durability is next to none to the other guitars in the price bracket. The only problem I have is that my case's zipper scratches the edges of the body and the finish has come off but hell, I use it for the sound, not the look. I'm worried a bit about the strap button, being plastic, but I don't plan on using a strap for a while, so it's on the backburner on my mind.

Once the string stretched, I've had no problems so far with tuning. I've read that a fret can become dead, but I'm just hoping that it's just a one time thing with that person. No problems with the guitar, even my friend who has played his whole life has admitted that the F310 has been the most user friendly guitar he's seen in a while in the price bracket. Good thing too, since I'm a beginner and have no idea how to deal with problems with guitars. Knock on wood.

My guitar is new, manufactured within the past few years. It was made in Indonesia by a thrid party manufacture, but to Yamaha specs (all of the F310 are made like this). It has 20 frets, and interestingly enough, the fingerboard is narrower than most guitars. It fits my smaller hands perfectly, especially when playing chords. The top is spruce, laminated, with natural finish. The sides and back are made of Meranti (have no idea what kind of tree that is), fingerboard and bridge are made Rosewood, and the neck is of Nato. It's a dreadnought guitar style, and just looks great.