F310 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: F310

Purchased from: Billy Hyde Music, Flemington

I have a wide range of style, but I mainly play rock and this guitar certainly does the job. It has a very deep and clear sound that is easy on the ears.

I think that this is a very good guitar for the starting out because the neck is alot smaller than other guitars and it gives out a great sound, and not to mention that it is a very cheap price. I highly doubt professionals would use it for gigs, because it is mainly a learning guitar. I made a good choice by getting this guitar, I have learnt so much from it. If it was stolen or lost I would probably buy another one. I love the sound and the reliability mainly but I hate the fact that it sounds pretty bad when a pick up has been added. Overall, quality guitar for starters for a good price.

This guitar would not be the preferable guitar used for playing live, I tried putting a pick up in it once and it isnt the best sound. However, it is very durable for around the house playing.. and in front of small audiences where a pick up is not needed because I have banged it against pretty much everything and there are only a couple of little chips that you can barely see. You can definitely depend on this guitar, not for a live gig though. The finish, especailly on the scrath plate does last and dosn't wear off at all.

This guitar would have to be the most user friendly guitar I have ever seen, there is no trouble tuning it. It stays in tune for a long time and it is built well so there is no problem in the design of it.

It would have been manufactured within the past few years, it was made in Indonesia with specific specs from Yamaha. It has 20 frets, whith top is spruce, laminated, with natural finish. The sides and back are made of Meranti fingerboard and bridge are made Rosewood, and the neck is of Nato. It is a very good looking guitar, and the neck is a little smaller than other guitars to it is a great guitar for the learning.

guitar101-1
    I have been playing my F310 for 5 years now averaging about 1 to 2 hours a day with a few short breaks over the years. It has held up really well with just a few chips and dings. I love the deep quality of the sound. At first, I took its quality for granted, as I was new and did not know the difference, but people who have numerous years of guitar experience have played this guitar and seem to always comment on how good it sounds. When I use it to accompany other guitars, Gibsons, Martins, etc, it holds its own really well and does not sound like the cheap guitar in the group. Good investment for a first guitar.
    guitar_fre@k
    ive had this guitar for over 3 years now and its perfect.....chips easily (on the edges).....but the sound quality is brilliant!
    guitarisma_89
    This guitar rocks..i have been using her for almost 2 years now..the sound quality is awesome..there is just 1 drawback- if the quality of strings used is not good or if you use local or you can say branded strings,the guitar does not sounds good.however,if you se good quality strings like honner,roto sound,etc..you will fall in love with her..
    YellowBelly
    I've used this guitar for 4 years on a day to day basis and it's still as good as it was on the first day. It stays in tune for ages and has a really wide tonal range once you put on decent strings. Unfortunately it chips really easily but despite the constant battering it recieves from my clumsiness - it's still in one piece. Conclusion - great guitar.
    ikarian-pride
    this is my first guitar and i love it tho im planning on getting an electric itll take a while since i dont have to much money.She's amazing!Ive only been playing for less than 3 months but i know it has an amazing sound glad the guy at the store i bought it recomened the F310 i cant keep my hands of it
    Shannock
    I have had one of these for the past 12 years. The sound quality is beautiful and I love it to bits.. It stays in tune forever, and I find the action just right for me. This is my practice guitar, but I would quite happily gig with it. I put in a sound-hole pick-up (10), and it sounds just fine. Has one major ding in the edge, but this hasn't affected the sound quality. Would quite happily buy another one. 9/10
    xvasmx
    this is my 2nd acoustic guitar its great compared to my first one perfect regarding the first review hte strap is ok ive been using a strap for a while it hasn't come of and killed itself so far just a couple of slips cause of my strap X)
    RHCPROCK!
    trchrichie wrote: this is the most shitty guitar ever made i knew when I saw it it would need some work but its way past some work I got it for 80$ and it became 80$ worth of firewood
    what was wrong with it? i don't own it but am thinking about it
    trchrichie