F310 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: F310

I play a lot of stuff ranging from Folk to rock and even gothic. This guitar does it very well. It has a bright but well-balanced tone with prominent bass, and the tone is amazingly rich and projection is quite good for this class of guitar. It does it's job very well, I'd even use it in the studio, but I won't use it as my main guitar Live. I'll come to why soon enough.

It is a good match for what I play. I've been playing for around six years now. I also own an Ibanez SGT120 acoustic, a Samick LW-015 acoustic and an Ibanez GSA60 electric. The SGT120 is my main acoustic for now as it's the best of what I have, but this Yamaha is definitely good as a backup instrument, or for studio use. If it were stolen, I'd probably get something else, but I'm on the overall very satisfied with it. I just wish the fretboard didn't look so cheap. Otherwise, it's great.

I said that I wouldn't use it Live, but it's definitely reliable. It stays in tune very well and the tuners are very smooth. It feels great. There is only one strap button, and it's a flimsy plastic thing at the base of the guitar but it doesn't matter, I play acoustic sitting down usually.

The guitar has a decent set-up though the action was quite high, but I appreciate that in an acoustic. Call me weird. The bridge was well aligned with the neck. The main flaw on this one I'd say is the cheap-looking fretboard, which is why I probably won't play this Live. But it has great tone. Finishing was very even.

This Yamaha F-310 I have was given to me to make good use of it. For free! Lucky, ain't I! Anyway, this guitar was made in Indonesia. Not quite sure about which year but it's a number of years old now. It is a simple, no-frills pure acoustic guitar that would be great to learn on and to use in the studio because the tone is awesome for a low-end guitar. The guitar is a standard dreadnought. It has a laminated spruce top. Mine has a sunburst finish. Back and sides are meranti, which is a common tree in Southeast Asia where I come from. Cheap wood. What do you expect? The neck is NATO and the fretboard is rosewood, with 20 frets. The finish is light but shiny and transparent. It is a very light guitar, I'm worried it might float to the ceiling. Tuners are non-locking diecast tuners, as expected. It came with an unpadded gig bag but I've since transferred it to a padded gigbag.

stratomaster 94
    i have this guitar, brilliant sums it up i one word, with a rich full sound, cheap, cant go wrong
    HannibalX
    I have no idea where this guitar was made but I believe it is about 10 years old...
    It cant be 10 years old, it did not exist then :\ Yamaha had a F210 which was discontinued and replaced with F310. Bottomline: with reference to price range, Hofner HAS-01's durability and ruggedness VS Yamaha F310's sound Choose what you prefer
    ArtemR
    I have this guitar too, it's really good for the price - I like the neck more than on my friends Martin, the sound is really good too, especially for the price. The only downside to this guitar is the finish, I've banged it up pretty good, it has scratches and dings all over it, even though I've only had it for like 5 months. It doesn't bother me though, it kind of gives it personality.
    Ed Turner
    Iv,e had this guitar for five days now and i can,t put it down. superb sound quality, rich tone.Must be the best in its price range, OK its no hummingbird but i still get a blast out of playing it, and ive been playing guitars for 50 yrs----not non-stop!!
    mopar68
    My Uncle has been playing for over 30 years and he recommended this guitar to me. He also owns one and says its one of the best acoustics hes had. I bought mine about a year ago and it takes everything I throw at it. Ive only been playing for 2 years so I havent played many different guitars, but it seems ok to me. It suits most styles of music and is durable enough to survive 3 little brothers and a 400km round trip about once a month to practice with a friend. I play for at least an hour EVERY day and it takes it all. Like I said I havent really played anything better than this so I cant really compare the sound to anything else but Id say its a good beginners guitar anyway.
    Mis4Mathew
    Its crap what is wrong with you people i will admit that its pretty good for the price but my god you havent played many if you think that this is quality merchandise.