F310 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: F310

This guitar suits my playing style very well. Whether I'm playing just some open chord progressions or some good old reggae. I think it sounds best when you play reggae on it. It has a really beautiful tone to it for only being 20 bucks and very beat up. Put some nice strings on it and it will sound brand new. Sometimes my low E goes dead or just a little dull.

I love playing every kinda music style. From metal to reggae to rock and ever finger picking. This thing handles it all well. I've been playing for two years now and I own a peavy transtube Ragemaster 158 amp and a Schecter Damien 6 FR. I didn't even think when I saw this guitar on the floor at GC for 20 bucks I just bought it. I love the beautiful sounds I get out of it. But I don't like the finish. If this were lost I would ball my eyes out. If it were stolen I would slaughter everyone who I think might have my guitar. Then I would file a police report.

This guitar will handle live gigs, I've done it. The only thing that may go over time is the tuners, which are a easy fix. there's only one plastic strap button on the back which I do not trust, that's how I dropped it before. The black binding its wearing off and has small chips in it all over. But I blame that on the last owner.

It has a wood style finish which on mine you can see someone put stickers on it a while ago and you can see the outline of them. And the black binding is worn down. The previous owner sanded down the saddle so the action sits low. The low E is a bit lower then the rest. But everything plays very well. And the wood around the bridge is raised slightly. I don't know if that's a design feature or not. I really think that there is too much string tension and its pulling the bridge up which is causing the wood near the back of the bridge to raise. I have dropped her once and a small chunk of wood came off the headstock.

I'm not to sure when it was made. But it has 20 medium frets. I believe a laminated top. Indonesian mahogany back and sides, Sonokeling bridge, nato neck and spruce top, Japanese rosewood fingerboard, dreadnought shape.

Dwerg
    This guitar is fun, put thinner strings on which sound just as good as the original ones. It's my only piece at the moment, but I don't see myself replacing it... ever. -- had a strap lock put in at the base of the neck and it holds up well.
    gutu
    Sounds a good guitar for the price, i don't own it but if i need a acoustic guitar i would sure think of this