F310 review by Yamaha

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Yamaha: F310

Price paid: C$ 169.99

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

Since this is my first guitar, I don't know how the sound is compared to better/worse guitars, but I am pretty satisfied with it aas a beginner guitarist. I usually just like to play rock and pop, but have started learning some blues; obviously I'll realize my style and preferance more in the future when I have been playing for more than just a little over a month. One thing I notice about the sound though is that it does have some fretbuzz to it, but hey its a great guitar for beginners.

Well I have had it for over a month now and many people think it looks awesome. My tutor says its not a bad guitar and perfect for beginners so I am completely satisfied with it. I do visit my local music shop though and will admit many other guitars have a better sound (because this one had some fretbuzz), but then again you must put in consideration for the price (this is a great price). The Yamaha F310 TBS is loud, and fun to play on; so if your a first time guitarist I believe this wil not be a bad pick!

So far, I have only played this guitar in my house over the summer and at my cottage, and it still looks brand new. Though I do suspect that it won't be able to take any extensive damage (I'm not going to test it to see if it can), and is just for playing at home or out with your friends.

I haven't encountered any problems with tuning this guitar, and doesn't really need to be tuned very often. The quality of the guitar itself is pretty good considering it is a brandnew Yamaha instrument. The design and finish is awesome, and as I said, the glossed top makes it really visually appealing.

I bought this as my first guitar on July 6th, 2011, but as a Yamaha F310 TBS (Tobacco Sunburst), instead of the original F310; the Tobacco Sunburst F310 is newer than the F310. It was probably manufactured in the last 2-3 years in Indonesia by the Yamaha CORPORATION. It's a Dreadnoght Acoustic and somewhat of a beauty becuase of the sunburst colour, laminated top and gloss finish. Also when I bought it, the salesguy gave a Levi Gigbag with it. I'd also recomend buying a capo (I use a Jim Dunlop one). Fretboard: 20 frets (14 from nut to where the body is met) Width: (Nut/Body) 43 mm, Medium Jumbo Rosewood Steel Strings scale: 634 mm Body: Top is Spruce Back, side and rib is Meranti Nech is Nato Bridge is Rosewood Body Depth: 96-116 mm