F335 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: F335

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I'm a pretty novice guitarist but this guitar suits the folk (fleet foxes, city and colour, etc) that I play. The sound is nice and rich but not the brightest. This guitar has a nice mellow tone that I appreciate.

This guitar suits my style perfectly, and you can't beat the price. If this guitar was stolen I would definitely buy another.

The finish and hardware both seem rock solid and should last a while without degrading too much.

Guitar was set-up extremely well, the action was low and the neck was perfectly set up. The sunburst finish looks amazing. There were a few minor flaws on my guitar though, the neck is missing a dot on the third fret and the body cavity had some plaster on part of the wood.

This guitar was made in Indonesia at an unknown time. Top is laminated spruce sides and back are made from meranti. Standard 20 fret neck made of rosewood. Mine is a classic dreadnought with a tobacco sunburst finish and a faux tortoise shell pickguard. Tuners and hard ware are gold, not sure of the brand.