F335 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: F335

I play everything and apparently, so does this guitar. You can play play Jack Johnson and easily switch to some Metallica. It is noisy, but obviously doesn't compare to the more expensive guitars. The sound is rather tinny and has very noticeable highs and sometimes the lows are lacking.

I play anything, but mostly Jack Johnson and Eric Clapton and it fits them perfect except for the fact that the treble is very high. I've been playing since 1996 and I bought this guitar in 2007 as a backup guitar for learning songs that I wouldn't mind banging against it. If it were to be lost or stolen I would buy another one right away as for only $150 it is a steal for the quality it possesses. Yamaha is known for its high quality beginner guitars that are reasonably priced. Once again, this is a laminated top, but for an extra $50, you could buy a Yamaha FG700S and that has a solid top. Either way, this guitar is an amazing steal for the money.

I wouldn't use this guitar for live as there are no electronics and the highs of the sound could affect a live performance. The hardware looks like it would last, but after a heavy song I suggest tuning it again as the tuners aren't very reliable. It comes stock with one strap button at the bottom and it is made of plastic. I suggest also installing another strap button at the base of the neck. This would be a good learner guitar but not a good gigging guitar as installing a pickup might cost more than the overall guitar.

Right out of the box, the guitar was set up to perfection. I don't know if that was Guitar Center or Yamaha Corp., but it was perfect. Barre chords were easy and so were open chords. The bridge and saddle were plastic, but I quickly replaced that with bone and the sustain greatly increased. The top was expertly book matched and the finish was flawless. I highly suggest replacing the tuners as the stock ones tend to become loose and detune the guitar.

A basic beginner's acoustic guitar with the basics. Made in Indonesia with 20 frets in all. It is an all laminated guitar with laminated spruce top and meranti bak and sides. The finish is quality, but sadly it comes with no electronics. It is a basic dreadnought with gold non locking tuners; I bought mine and the sales associate threw in a free gig bag and a few picks with a strap.

blbtoot1996
    571 Zoar church road Salemburg nc north Carolina 283585 Nc 283585 Ms Wendy butler Brandontoot69gmailcom. 910901575 Brandon butler Shipping go Sunday go use 00007110 37260 Thank you