FD01S Review

manufacturer: Yamaha date: 01/14/2008 category: Acoustic Guitars
Yamaha: FD01S
The FD01S is a premium solid-top guitar, providing superior tone and projection. Available by itself or in a complete guitar package (GigMaker Deluxe).
 6.7
 7.2
 6.1
 7,198
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
FD01S Reviewed by: Jesusluvsyou, on january 14, 2008

Purchased from: The Guitar Center

Features: This was made in the US. There are 20 frets. It has a solid spruce top that sounds better over the years. The back is nato for projection. It has a shiny top It is a dreadnought. I'm not sure what wood the bridge is. It doesn't have any elctronics. It comes with a gig bag that's pretty crappy. A neck strap that's pretty crappy too. The tuners are non-locking and can be out of tune if you strum very hard. // 7

Sound: I play a lot of worship songs. It buzzes if you play too hard. It has a very bright sound but it isn't layered. I think that the sound could be a little better if the action was adjusted perfectly. This sound is okay but you can't expect a nice layered sound from a guitar at the price of around 200$. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is a little low so you have to make it higher or else it will buzz a lot. The shiny finish on top will crack if you accidentaly hit it like a did. The wood has decent quality though it could be better but you can't except that much from a 180$ guitar. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand Live playing, as long as you don't strum too hard. THe strap buttons are solid though they could be a bit larger. I can depend on this. This can be used without a backup but the strings can break. The finish is good to last but if you crack it there will be a little crack mark. The finish doesn't come off though if you do. // 8

Overall Impression: The music I like to play is very light and this matches it but it would be better if this had a more layered sound. I have been playing for a year. If this got stolen I would deffinetely try to get it back because this is deffinetely worth its price though there are better guitars around this price. I really like this guitar but it's not that good to the point where I love it. I would recommend this guitar but I would also recommend any takamines around this price. // 8

Comments